I'm thinking of switching from iPhone to Andriod (Galaxy) one thing which is on my mind if not being able to use iMessage. I've read problems that people can't receive group messages from other iPhone users etc.

Just wondered can people get group messages from an iPhone user ok? Is there anything I need to do to get this working?
    06-14-2016 03:31 AM
    Hi there,

There shouldn't be an issue once you switch if you de-register your number from iMessage first. The problem is that iMessage and SMS/MMS are two different things, and when iDevices message a number that is registered in iMessage, that's the route they go with. But if you already switched to a phone without iMessage access (aka non-iDevice), then the message just never reaches you unless your contacts specifically switch your contact to use SMS/MMS for all communications.

Unfortunately, I can't say that this will work flawlessly and painlessly as some users, even after de-registering, have issues. Some don't do anything and they don't have issues at all. It's a problem with Apple and iMessage, but one that unfortunately impacts the experience of people who have switched, which makes them blame the device/system they switch to rather than the actual source of the problem.

Just remember, if you switch, things will be different when it comes to messaging. A group in iMessage will be converted to an MMS group (lower file size limits, will only work on mobile data, etc.) when one of the recepients is a non-iMessage user. Any conversations you've had in iMessage will not be ported.
    06-14-2016 02:15 PM