I have a galaxy s6 that suffered some water damage and starting having issues screen going black, was working perfect for a few hours and then nothing was working. Today it was working but super buggy so I tried to wipe cache partition because i was sick of deleting everything and doing initial setup. Now everytime it boots it gets an error and says dm-verity verification failed. Need to check DRK first... The phone is using just stock firmware and is from verizon, never modified firmware. No clue if I can fix this. Any suggestions.
    06-17-2016 07:24 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Water damage can be unpredictable, widespread, and insidious. The phone might start off working ok, but start having problems after days to weeks, as corrosion of internal parts develops or spreads. It's unlikely that you'll be able to fix it, I'm afraid. Sorry!
    06-19-2016 03:38 AM
    I just finally got it charging and not booting into recovery mode by flashing the 6.0.1 stock firmware with odin, took me ages as I have never messed with a phones firmware before and I finally realized I had to use 6.0.1 because my bootloader was locked but the phone is now charging finally and I am dying to see how it works soon . Edit* So far is working flawlessly speakers, fingerprint scanner all buttons and no lag. Never give up people I was not about to accept my $500 phone being a paperweight xD.
    06-21-2016 06:08 PM
    Glad to hear it's working! But stay vigilant, and make sure your data is always synced or backed up somewhere safe, since there will be more chance in the future of some kind of issue cropping up.
    06-21-2016 07:15 PM