Battery Draining While On Qi Wireless Charger?

gkendall43

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
My wife has been using a Qi wireless charger since she got her S6 when it was released without any problems. However, lately sometimes she'll set it on the charger and when she checks it later the battery is severely drained rather than charged as you would expect. We have tried two different Qi chargers and it's happening on them both. When it happens, I often notice the screen being turned on, so I'm wondering if something is causing the screen to keep turning on so it's draining more charge that it's gaining. It doesn't seem like it's just not charging, it seems to actually be draining the battery since the battery is significantly lower than it was when put on the charger. Wired charging works fine, but wireless charging is so nice.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What does the battery graph look like after being on the charger for a couple of hours? Is the Charging bar completely solid, or is it broken in many places? If the latter, it would seem that the wireless charger is somehow losing contact multiple times.

CJ Moore

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
What chargers are you trying to use? Depending on the brand, there are some non-qi compliant chargers that claim that they are compatible to the standard, but can have issues with some phone / receiver types.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo