Hi, I'm on Android 6.0.1 (for a few weeks) and was just using my phone as normal this morning when i got a frozen app warning about Android System UI, the only option was to press ok after which my S6 screen started flashing on and off and was completely unusable,

I've rebooted which lead to the same android system UI message, followed by the same useless flashing,

I then cleared the Cache partition from the system boot menu which also didn't help,

I've got a lot of pictures on my phone I'd like to keep so have not factory reset yet, google's android manager and Samsung's find my phone still interact with the phone but as i'd not set up the remote control option i can't do that and because i can't even swipe to unlock, samsung Kies3 is unable to access the device's contents,

It looks to me like a firmware update has gone a bit wrong and I'd have thought there'd be a way to load an update from the boot menu or from Kies3 without wiping the phone but can't find any details online, failing that how can I get my pictures off prior to a factory reset?

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? Thanks,
    06-26-2016 02:30 PM
    YIKES! Good luck, man. You could try a force reboot instead of a "shut down" command (this might allow you to get in long enough to back up your pictures. I presume you've plugged it into your computer via USB to try and access the file manager?
    06-27-2016 10:18 AM
    I just tried the force shutdown "simulated battery disconnect" but unfortunately that didn't work,

I've also tried plugging it into my PC and windows explorer sees an empty MP3 player basically and Samsung Kies3 sees a locked device, when i wake the screen i just see the background image flashing on and off like its stuck in some sort of auto recover loop and i can't swipe to unlock (i dont even have a lock screen code or anything)
    06-27-2016 12:20 PM
    I can use the stock bootloader to sideload apps with ADB but i've not found any that pass verification, I also dont really know what application to reload to fix the android system ui or grant me remote access to get my pictures,

I was planning to use ODIN to reinstall 6.0.1 but apparently that'll wipe my user data?
    06-27-2016 02:23 PM