Fingerprint unlock issue after latest verizon update

Zach91

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Just downloaded the latest verizon update today (07/06/2016) and my S6 will no longer unlock with a fingerprint. I go to unlock with my fingerprint and it goes straight to the unlock with PIN screen, forcing me to enter my PIN to unlock. Anything i can do? Already restarted and cleared cache, but no luck. Really don't wanna factory reset if I don't have to.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Exact same thing here. I have been on the phone with Verizon for 45 minutes. No solution yet. I am dreading having to do a factory reset. If there are any fixes out there please let us know.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
No...no help at all. They had me re-enter my fingerprints and that did nothing. The fingerprint unlock still works with selected applications ..paypal etc... but not with the phone screen lock. It is really bugging the crap out of me as well. I dread having to do a factory reset.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Also, the update installed 5 crapware applications which I had to delete. This update was really screwed up. I should have waited before installing.

Zach91

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
No...no help at all. They had me re-enter my fingerprints and that did nothing. The fingerprint unlock still works with selected applications ..paypal etc... but not with the phone screen lock. It is really bugging the crap out of me as well. I dread having to do a factory reset.

Same here, only thing affected is the lock screen. I have a feeling even factory reset won't fix this issue either as it seems to be a problem with the new software. That being said, if you do end up factory reseting let me know if it works. Thanks verizon/samsung....

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the same feeling. If I do it I will let you know the result. Also, if you decide to do it please let me know if it fixed the issue. Thx.

Zach91

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Can't be. I'm guessing most people don't even know about this update though. If you're reading this DON'T UPDATE! lol

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It was a stupid unnecessary update. It addressed a problem that did not exist. (phone doing a Factory reset after 15 attempted logins).

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I think I might have isolated the problem. Question: Do you use Nova Launcher? If yes, do you use the lock screen widget?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar