Samsung S6 battery dead in morning on intermittent basis Wireless charger?

pcumming

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Samsung S6 battery dead in morning on intermittent basis Wireless charger

Samsung S6 battery dead in morning on intermittent basis after being on Choetech QI Wireless charger overnight

Have Samsung S6. Have Choetech QI Wireless charger with 3 coils. Great product
-Had phone and wireless charger for over a year
-Noticed 2x so far over last week that in the morning the S6 was completely dead on the wireless charger. Note I wireless charge every night.
-Battery usage during the day is fine.
-I put the phone on the charger each night, wait for the blue light, the chime and I go to bed.
2 times thus far in the morning I have found the battery in the phone dead. I then charge via cable for faster charge.
-I have most stock apps disabled or uninstalled on the phone that use a lot of memory, eg: Facebook, Linkedin, Amazon, Milk Music and about 10 Other apps. Been this way for a year.

**Do you think it is the phone battery, wireless charging capability of phone, or somehow wireless charger stops/pauses intermittently (does not restart) at night and battery goes to zero??

Wireless charger has worked great for last year. I have done a wipe data cache. Hate to trade in phone if something simple. I do not know if there are any logs on the S6 I can review.
I have some troubleshooting ideas but since this has only happened 2x in last week hard to find out quickly. Note phone is not in a case, no new apps have been added. It is running latest marshmallow update from Verizon in the US.
My troubleshooting steps are to:
1. Do not charge at night f and see if battery goes to zero. Not sure what that will tell me though
2. Charge via same cable DIRECTLY connected to phone w/o wireless charger and see if battery 0% in morning
3. I have a spare QI wireless charger (new). Try that with new cable and ac adapter and cable...

Thanks for some advice.
Peter

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung S6 battery dead in morning on intermittent basis Wireless charger

1 is extremely valid. If your phone only looses a small percentage over night then that shows the device is working fine and the drainage has something to do with the wireless charging.
I also think three is a good idea. Using a different charger over night for a week might also help you figure out if its that 3 coil unit or not.