Phone already rooted and missed software update option

MahdiBKhorasani

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Hello friends
I bought a Samsung GALAXY S6 two month ago. I always wondered why my software update option is missing until I searched about it here and I found out if your smartphone is rooted, you won't be able to update you Android version using OTA (Settings--> About phone --> Software Update). I also realized you can check CPU-Z app on my phone in order to find out whether the phone is rooted or not, which in my case was already done before undesirably. So should I use apps like Unroot to make it right???
*Even when I plug my phone to PC to use Smart Switch it says my phone is updated to the latest version available.
I've gone so far :)
It should be the last step
Thanks for your future help :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-18-20-29-06-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-18-20-29-06-1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 7

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Any type of system modification, which rooting a phone qualifies as, runs the risk of breaking your ability to take an OTA. Chances are, even if you downloaded the OTA, the verification scripts that run would see the changes and kick you out. You might have to 'unroot' before taking any OTAs, then hope that you can re-root the phone afterwards.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So you think it is not unsual to come to rooted phone when you buy it? Should I use any apps to unroot it?

Bought in a personal sale, it happens. From a retailer, that would be cause for concern.

As for unrooting.... that can be tricky. I would almost suggest you completely wipe and reload the factory image for your phone using Samsung's tools.... which would most likely be a smart thing to do on a used phone anyhow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc