I'm going to be the first to admit that I don't know what I'm doing. I just purchased a Plantronics M70 and successfully paired it to my Samsung G6. I then downloaded a A2dp app and apparently changed a setting I shouldn't have. I uninstalled the app and rebooted the phone and fortunately it recognized and connected to the headset. I would like to run A2DP but it disables the headset. I don't really want to blindly change settings that I'll never remember I changed and disable my headset again. What's the trick to get A2DP to work? Thanks
    08-01-2016 04:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The S6 already supports A2DP natively--is there a reason why you installed an app for it? Are you saying that when you connect the headset to the phone via Bluetooth, it doesn't connect for music? If so, go to Settings>Bluetooth​, select the headset, and make sure Media Audio is checked on.
    08-02-2016 11:43 AM
    I didn't realize that the S6 already supported A2DP. The manual that comes with the phone isn't very detailed. I uninstalled the app that I had downloaded and rebooted to phone. The headset worked after that. I turned it off last night and when I turned the headset on this morning it would not pair. Media audio is switched to on and switches itself to off after a few seconds. I didn't change anything on the phone or the headset between last night and this morning. I'm beginning to think I will have to hire the neighbors 10 year old to show me how to make this work. B. Diddy, I hate to admit this but I just discovered I was trying to pair my old PLT which has a small cats tooth indent in it. That's the reason it wouldn't pair. I've made stupid mistakes before but I usually don't publish them. I would like to know how to get A2DP to work through the PLT since I have a long dentist appt. coming up. Thanks Dave
    08-02-2016 03:28 PM
    Sorry, but I'm a bit confused--do you have two Plantronics headsets, the older of which was chewed by the cat? If you only have one, and that's the one that was chewed on, maybe something got damaged.
    08-02-2016 05:00 PM