Bluetooth works for a while, then turns itself off and won't turn on.

Randall Clark

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Just in the past few days, my S6 has been aggravating the snot out of me. I turn on BT and connect to a BT speaker (ue megaboom). I play music and everything is fine for 45 mins or an hour or so, then the S6 BT turns itself off. Once that happens, I can't get BT to turn on. Even restarting doesn't help. Then the next day it works again, but the the problem reoccurs. Arrgh!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! We've seen a number of threads like this with Samsung devices on Marshmallow--did this only start after the phone was updated? Any power saver modes turned on, or 3rd party battery saver apps installed?

Randall Clark

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your reply. I have Android 6.0.1 The problem started this past week, but I'm not sure when my last update happened. I do not have any 3rd party battery save apps, and I don't usually run in power saving mode. I did put the phone into the ultra power saving mode for a while on Tuesday, but I don't recall whether I was having the bluetooth problem before that or if it started after. However, I haven't used any power saving mode since Tuesday, and the problem persists.

Randall Clark

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying to wipe the cache partition, but it seems to be stalled after step 6 on the instructions you linked. At the bottom of the phone, it says "-- wiping cache...", but there has been no change for 60 minutes or so. At the top, it says
"Android Recovery
MMB29K.G920VVRU4CPF4
user/release-keys
Use volume up/down and power
No
Yes"

Do I have to select yes to get the cache to wipe, even thought the bottom seems to indicate the cache is wiping? Or do I need to select no, to avoid a complete recovery and proceed with the cache wipe? Or should I do nothing and continue to wait, even thought it seems nothing is happening?

hydroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Have this problem too. Mine wont even turn on at all! Apart from doing a factory reset have tried everything else. This started after the 6.0 version. At the same time this occurred, I started getting some weird text messaging. Idk if there is a correlation between the two. Anyway any help or ideas on how to deal with this is highly appreciated. Thank you.

conceptvip

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the same issues for about a week with the bluetooth. I can make a call for about a minute then the car bluetooth freezes and I will need to restart the car to get it to reconnect. Sometimes the phone will freeze and restart on its own when the car bluetooth freezes. I tried my wifes s6 tonight and hers is working ok. No new apps installed. Any one figure a fix or the problem? Thanks

Verizon network

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci