s6 not charging properly + weird blue plasma-like orb appearing on screen near the charging insert

A

AC Question

My Samsung edge s6 is not charging properly. I have a feeling that the charger cable has something to do with it because it only charges whenever I hold it in a specific angle. Every time the charging cable is adjusted and it stops/starts charging, a strange BLUE PLASMA-LIKE orb appears on my screen near the charging port. Is this orb a kind of detrimental sign of a breaking phone? I also have a dead pixel if that is at all related as well.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung edge s6 is not charging properly. I have a feeling that the charger cable has something to do with it because it only charges whenever I hold it in a specific angle. Every time the charging cable is adjusted and it stops/starts charging, a strange BLUE PLASMA-LIKE orb appears on my screen near the charging port. Is this orb a kind of detrimental sign of a breaking phone? I also have a dead pixel if that is at all related as well.

Welcome to the forums!

Just an FYI that orb appears and goes away on my Note 5 when I plug in the charger.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

It sounds like your charging port might be messed up, maybe. That's why you have to keep readjusting to get it to charge. And as has been said, the blue orb is going on and off as the phone starts charging and stopping. It is just an indicator of when charging starts.

The S6 has wireless charging, have you tried to charge it wirelessly? If it works fine that way then you know it's either the charging port or the micro USB on the charging cable.