delete "deleted" private photos

joemontana57

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I had some pictures on my phone, but I deleted them from Google photos and the gallery. I assumed, wrongly, that they were gone.
I ran a program called diskdigger to recover some pictures, and low and behold, all of my private pictures came up.
I tried a program that supposedly wiped all of the free space on your phone, and should have taken those pictures off but it did not. Does anyone have a link to a program that effectively takes the pictures off? Remember that I can't find them other than using diskdigger
Joe

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I had some pictures on my phone, but I deleted them from Google photos and the gallery. I assumed, wrongly, that they were gone.
I ran a program called diskdigger to recover some pictures, and low and behold, all of my private pictures came up.
I tried a program that supposedly wiped all of the free space on your phone, and should have taken those pictures off but it did not. Does anyone have a link to a program that effectively takes the pictures off? Remember that I can't find them other than using diskdigger
Joe
After deleting the photos format the SD card. Be sure to BACKUP everything you wish to keep. You can also clear the device cache to ensure all photos, including the cache files, have been deleted.