Why is my S6 battery draining so fast even with screen off

johncas

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Just this week my S6 has started getting hot and battery draining very fast even in standby with screen off battery is gone is say 4-5 hours only half a days usage have to take charger to work with me why can the battery drain so fast even when phone not being used I did drop it on floor but that cant of danaged the battery performance could it or is it an app I have installed I did install that 360 security or is that made it worse

Before is started happening I could go out 7:30am saturday morning and still have 20% battery at 9pm in evening

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Before you change the battery you should do a reset. I was having the same problem and I did a reset and reclaimed 15G of storage and my battery went back to normal. I have no idea where the 15G came from. I reloaded the same apps.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt blame the battery just yet. If the device is running hot then it means the device may be using more processing power and thus using the battery versus a battery that is bad and not holding a charge. Typically a bad battery will get hot charging but not when discharging as it dosnt have the overall capacity to run normally.
Wipe system cahce. Then test. If its still giving you issues hard reset.
IF all else fails then replace battery.

johncas

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
OK ill wipe system catch but how do I do a hard reset and will I loose all my apps and data or can I back that up I dont want to install every app one by one again

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
If you have been backing up to Google it will download all of your apps automagically. Your data is something else. I would back that up first. How to do it just go to settings, personal, backup and reset.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Before you do anything drastic check out your battery stats to see what is causing such a drain. It could be a simple matter of uninstalling an app. Also, Dump CM security. The firm behind it is not to be trusted

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Wiping system cache will not remove or delete any apps.
Doing a hard reset will erase the phone back to factory new.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie