I used to have a fairly decent battery life. Then, a few days ago I noticed it draining much faster than normal, and feeling warm even when I'm not doing anything. It drains completely in 3-4 hours with hardly any use. Since then I've been looking online for answers and trying pretty much everything including:
    • wiping the cache partition
    • turning off wifi and location services
    • putting it in safe mode
    • putting it in "ultra power saving" mode

None of these help. It still drains 2x or 3x faster than it should/did.
    The thing is, I don't remember installing anything new or doing anything to my phone from before it went bad. There was a Verizon update on 12/20 and another one on 12/27. Maybe Verizon did something?

I also installed the GSam Battery Monitor and there is nothing unusual there except Android System uses about 35-45% of the battery. That seems high. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I might need to replace the battery somehow but my gut feeling says its a software problem.
    12-30-2016 03:10 AM
    Android System is most of Android. (It's faster and easier for Google to push out system updates that way, then to go the round with manufacturers and carriers to push out a new ROM every week or so.) It's possible that something in the system is buggy, eating battery. But tap the grid, to get to the next page, and look at your mobile signal line (at the bottom). If it's not solid green, you have a weak signal - and that can kill the battery fast. (And it says that Verizon isn't your best choice of carrier.)
    12-30-2016 12:25 PM
    Seems to be happening even when the airplane mode is on.
    12-30-2016 03:20 PM
    This happened to me a few months ago. There was an Occulus automatic update that caused this. They did another update the next day to patch this.
    12-31-2016 07:09 PM