I have a Galaxy S6 on Verizon, model number SM-G920V. I find myself having to charge it once or twice a day after unplugging it from its charger each morning around 6:30. I'm running 5.1.1 stock, non rooted, OK7 software. I have used Package Disabler to disable amazon, ANT, system updates, and just general bloatware. I have tried every tweak I've found between XDA and Android central, including Erasats list of tweaks. Yet my battery struggles to provide 2-3 hours of SOT. My main battery users are Android System, Android OS, Screen, and Cell Standby. Gsam currently shows Internet is my highest user, however I've been heavily using it all day. Second on gsam is android system, and usually android system and Android kernel are my main users in gsam. I've lost probably about 3-4% writing this, and my SOT is currently 3 hours with plugging in 3 times today. I've factory reset, to no avail. Is this normal for the GS6?
    01-23-2017 06:51 PM
    The Galaxy S6 does have terrible battery life, but your case is very strange. Try re-installing your ROM, because Android should not use that much power. Make sure to do a clean install.
    01-23-2017 09:12 PM
    Okay, I made some more tweaks and whatnot, and I've been continually using my phone since taking it off the charger. Current SOT is 41 minutes, and 41 minutes on battery since last full charge, with 90% left on my battery.
    I feel I should add my cell standby shoots through the roof while I am at my school, due to awful signal, but cell standby takes up a lot of battery, even with airplane mode on, with only wifi enabled, with the auto searches turned off.
    01-23-2017 11:27 PM
    Okay, I made some more tweaks and whatnot, and I've been continually using my phone since taking it off the charger. Current SOT is 41 minutes, and 41 minutes on battery since last full charge, with 90% left on my battery.
    I feel I should add my cell standby shoots through the roof while I am at my school, due to awful signal, but cell standby takes up a lot of battery, even with airplane mode on, with only wifi enabled, with the auto searches turned off.
    I'm not entirely sure what tweak improved the battery so much, though. This phone will definitely get at least 4 hours of SOT, which is an improvement from my original charger pull this morning, and I'm guessing is good for the S6. I was hoping for 5 hours of SOT as Erasat received making tweaks, however I don't expect that off my S6 as the device he used is the edge with a bit bigger battery.
    01-23-2017 11:40 PM
    Unfortunately it is back to draining fast again, with media server, Android system, Android OS and screen all dominating the list. I'm at 87 with only 31 minutes SOT
    01-24-2017 06:34 AM
    I've narrowed this down to cell standby for sure. I'm currently at 65% with over 2 hours of SOT. However this is with a full charge and reboot after coming home today. However days where I am in places with lower reception, it tanks to barely 50 minutes-an hour of SOT at 65%
    I really wish there was a fix for this, none I've found have worked.
    01-25-2017 10:56 PM
    My battery is Bad. No deep sleep .no doze .
    01-28-2017 04:06 PM