Galaxy S6 - Why can't I delete Alibaba from site settings?

franya

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
Newbie here. Thanks in advance for any advice.
On the Google search bar, I tap on the three dots, tap "settings", tap "site settings", then tap "all sites" I now have an Alibaba site that will not clear and reset. There is no Alibaba app installed. All the other sites I'm able to clear as usual. Does anyone know what folder these site settings reside in? I have esfile explorer, haven't tried anything with it. S6 is stock, SM-G920V, works fine, just a little annoyed by this site setting. As matter of principle I always delete my browsing history, and site settings, but this one won't go away. Any ideas? Thanks again,
Franya

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're talking about the Chrome browser, not the Google search app, right? Have you already tried clearing the browsing history and cookies "from the beginning of time"?

franya

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
Yes, correct on the Chrome browser, I'm not sure if I ever cleared history from the beginning of time. I remember seeing that option somewhere, but I can't find it anymore. When I click on the Chrome app to open it, Google opens up rather than Chrome. I've had this S6 almost a year, before that a flip phone, so I don't have a lot of expertise...Thanks so much for the reply

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open Chrome, then tap Menu>Privacy, scroll down and tap Clear Browsing Data. Then check Browsing History, Cookies, and Cached Images/Files, change the interval at the top to "beginning of time," and then Clear Data.

franya

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
Chrome is set as default in the app settings, but when I click on the Chrome app, the Google browser opens and has none of the settings you mention. It seems like this happened after a software update, but I'm not sure, sorry

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Open system settings > applications > stock browser. From there you can clear the defaults. When you open chrome all should be back to normal.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Chrome is set as default in the app settings, but when I click on the Chrome app, the Google browser opens and has none of the settings you mention. It seems like this happened after a software update, but I'm not sure, sorry

What do you mean by the Google browser? Chrome is the browser from Google -- unless you mean the basic browser that can open from within the Google search app or others (like Facebook, Google+, or Hangouts).

When you tap the Chrome icon on the homescreen or App Drawer, after the browser opens, tap the 3 vertical dot menu button at the upper right, then Settings. You don't see the menus there that I described?

franya

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
Yes, When I tap the Chrome app, it's the Google search that opens within Chrome I guess that's correct. Probably not saying the right words...When I tap on the 3 dots, It brings up new tab, new incognito tab, etc. Is there a way to send a screenshot? Thanks for putting up w/ me

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you Clear Data, I believe you'll lose your bookmarks (unless they sync with your Samsung account -- I'm not sure, since I don't typically use a Samsung device).