Galaxy S6 will not charge, and recent apps button not lit or working

Brian Lifeof

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Plugged my phone in to charge this evening, went to close the apps, all it kept doing was splitting the screen, I left it on charge and thought no more of it. Came back to it later and noticed that it was not charging, then soon after I noticed the recent apps button not working. It will light when I press the back button. I have been using it today with no probs, doing slo mo vids.

Phoned Samsung but they're closed. I've tried restarting, turning power saving mode on off and on, and resetting the changing the tap and hold delay. Any ideas?

EDIT: Just tried charging it, and as soon as I plugged the USB cable in, the phone restarted by itself and is now charging, the left button still does not work.

EDIT 2: The phone is going crazy, it just beeped, so I checked it, and it jumped from 52% to 97% charge in about a minute, as I was holding it, it restart by itself again.

Last edited:

SJBBF

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I've had these crazy type reactions when I don't charge with the specific 'fast charge' Samsung power cord and use a generic one.