Samsung Galaxy S6 - Contact Sync to Car

xPETEZx

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

I am having a problem where my Samsung S6 no longer sync's all my contacts to my car. (VW Golf - 2015)

When I first had the phone, all contacts would transfer to the car. Now its less than half, and apparently random which ones do and dont transfer.

All my personal contacts are in my google account.
I also have a few contacts in my work exchange account.
There is also the Voicemail and carrier contact on the SIM.

All the work contacts and SIM contacts show up on the car, but only about 1/3 of the Google contacts.
Its very random the ones there do sync. (IE. ITs not all contacts that have attribute A but not B)

I have tried all the usual stuff of un-pairing the device from both car & phone and repairing but still the same.

I have tried another Android phone (Sony Z3) with the car and all the contacts sync. (Also in Google)
This makes me believe its something with the S6.

Anybody have similar issues and know a fix?
Its very annoying as now half the people which call me just shows a number on the dash so I dont know whose calling.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try this -- open the Contacts app, tap More>Contacts to Display, and instead of selecting All, pick Customize instead. Then choose all groups you want to display (you can check all of them if you want). Do all the contact show up now? I had to do something like this a while back when I had my Nexus 5 and a previous car.

xPETEZx

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
THANK YOU!

That worked. Once I selected just my Work account and my Gmail from customised list, ALL my contacts showed up on the car.

And come to think of it, I use to use a customised list. Then I just reverted to "All contacts", which is when the problems happened.

Hope this thread helps somebody else too.