First let me say i prefer my samsung to any iphone oit there. But i guess my s6 did an update and now it finds it necessary to say good morning and good evening to me while it provides me an annoying swipe to lock screen. Hello people.... are u paying someone to come up with this stupidity? I dont like for most people to say good morning to me what makes u think we want an inconvience of our phones doing it and add yet one more step to the process. 2 lock screens are a bit ridiculous. Make an option to turn the dang thing off.
    03-29-2017 11:04 AM
    First let me say i prefer my samsung to any iphone oit there. But i guess my s6 did an update and now it finds it necessary to say good morning and good evening to me while it provides me an annoying swipe to lock screen. Hello people.... are u paying someone to come up with this stupidity? I dont like for most people to say good morning to me what makes u think we want an inconvience of our phones doing it and add yet one more step to the process. 2 lock screens are a bit ridiculous. Make an option to turn the dang thing off.

So I'm in the same boat and it's really annoying. I was afraid it was infected tho since I did my update in Feb. But the pics/screen lock started yesterday.
    03-29-2017 07:24 PM
    So I'm in the same boat and it's really annoying. I was afraid it was infected tho since I did my update in Feb. But the pics/screen lock started yesterday.
    The same thing just happened to me on my Note 4. Annoying as hell.
    03-29-2017 09:42 PM
    The same thing just happened to me on my Note 4. Annoying as hell.
    Same boat, BUT you can "Mute" it. Unplug/plug in your charger. Don't swipe. Upper right corner, tap the menu icon (three squares) and mute it. Just did it, so I don't know how long it lasts.
    03-29-2017 10:53 PM
    I had this problem too, and it appears to be bundled with the Peel Remote app. See https://androidforums.com/threads/un...erlay.1130144/
    03-29-2017 10:54 PM
    I found an article that says it's the peel remote causing the extra lock screen. I went into my apps and uninstalled the updates to the peel remote and it went away.

Link of article below..
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...mVxcoBcbA0YmVg
    03-29-2017 11:23 PM
    Seriously, what is wrong with those crazy Peel people??

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-new-post.html
    03-31-2017 08:28 AM
    Thanks for the info on Peel. I love the idea of having a remote (although I never use it), but this is one of the most intrusive, battery-eating apps I've encountered. And now an "extra" splash screen. Perfect. You're permanently disabled, Peel. :-(
    04-01-2017 11:00 AM
    How do you permanently delete Peel w/o rooting your phone which mine isn't

Rick
    04-01-2017 11:36 AM
    I said "disabled," not deleted. If you hit disable, it will roll back to the factory version, which you can disable.
    04-01-2017 11:40 AM
    Thank you Kalnel for the correction.

It's disabled for now, let's hope it stays that way

Rick
    04-03-2017 05:29 AM
    Good morning, Diana
    04-17-2017 08:42 AM
    I had the same issue. Then this morning after logging in a full screen ad popped up on my home screen! I hope disabling peel remote takes care of that also.
    05-08-2017 07:49 AM
    Almost as annoying as Clippy.
    06-15-2017 05:41 AM
    Thank you all for the info. I've been searching the web for weeks trying to find out what is causing this screen/ads! I went to the ATT store and they told me that it was NAV app but after removing it still happened. I disabled Peel remote so hopefully that works.
    Thanks again!
    06-18-2017 01:59 PM
    I love it when this forum provides an accurate answer. This stupid app was both driving me nuts AND was a total battery hog as well. The good morning / good night screens started after the latest update to my S5, and I had no idea what it was or how to kill it. After seeing this thread, I went into App Manager, disabled Peel, and answered "yes" when asked if I wanted to return to the factory default app. Problem solved. Now, if only there was a way to get Samsung / Google / whoever to stop including these asinine apps in their updates!!!
    07-18-2017 05:11 PM
    You know.... I actually think that my good morning, good evening, and good night screen is kind of cool.... need more like it.... if it's something that some people don't like I suppose they don't have to use it..... but in my own opinion ...Peel Remote... you're doing a great job, keep up the good work !!!
    09-07-2017 03:56 PM