Can I pair bluetooth with 2 devices at a time? (cat and Gear S2)

shadowstrike

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I own a Corolla 2016 and my phone automatically pairs with the car upon entering. I ordered a smartwatch for work yesterday but was wondering if I could be connected to both devices at once on my phone without having to disconnect as it would be such a hassle. I don't mind having only connectivity to my car while I am driving but would much prefer not having to fiddle around with my bluetooth settings.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it should be possible. You can have more than one BT device paired to your phone BUT you can only have one active device per BT Profile. Since your watch and the car don't use the same BT profile (smart watch VS Phone/Media), both can be connected at the same time with the car playing music/making calls and the watch still receiving notifications and interacting with the phone.

Mine is a Moto 360, but I've had no issues with the watch and car at the same time (or any other speaker) for quite a few phones since I've had the watch.

shadowstrike

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it should be possible. You can have more than one BT device paired to your phone BUT you can only have one active device per BT Profile. Since your watch and the car don't use the same BT profile (smart watch VS Phone/Media), both can be connected at the same time with the car playing music/making calls and the watch still receiving notifications and interacting with the phone.

Mine is a Moto 360, but I've had no issues with the watch and car at the same time (or any other speaker) for quite a few phones since I've had the watch.

I see, thanks! Was never big on bluetooth until I got the car so I didn't know about the media profiles. That would work perfectly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon