Sprint Nougat 7.0 Today!!

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been checking for this update for the past few days. Lol I was getting impatient. But Nougat 7.0 is finally here. I'm just waiting for my battery to reach 100% and then I'll back up, rest, and install the update.

Attachments

• 2701.jpg
    2701.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 85

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
It is on the March 1st security patch. And so far I'm loving it!! Be sure to erase the cache in storage & through recovery. I had some issues until I did that. Now everything is running smooth and I actually got 4gb of storage back.

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It is on the March 1st security patch. And so far I'm loving it!! Be sure to erase the cache in storage & through recovery. I had some issues until I did that. Now everything is running smooth and I actually got 4gb of storage back.

Am in the process of downloading now. When you say erase the cache in storage and & through recovery, are you referring to doing a factory reset?

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Am in the process of downloading now. When you say erase the cache in storage and & through recovery, are you referring to doing a factory reset?

No. Not unless you want to. There is a section in storage where you can see all of the storage on the phone. Ex. Settings, Device Maintenance, Storage, there are 3 dots in the corner, click them and select storage settings. You'll see an option for cached data. Clear it.

For Recovery the phone must be off.

Hold Power, Volume Down, & the Home Button for 10 seconds. Wait for it to boot into recover. Scroll down with the volume rocker until you reach "wipe cached data". Push power button to select, scroll again to yes, push power again. Voila!! You can then reboot the device.

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
No. Not unless you want to. There is a section in storage where you can see all of the storage on the phone. Ex. Settings, Device Maintenance, Storage, there are 3 dots in the corner, click them and select storage settings. You'll see an option for cached data. Clear it.

For Recovery the phone must be off.

Hold Power, Volume Down, & the Home Button for 10 seconds. Wait for it to boot into recover. Scroll down with the volume rocker until you reach "wipe cached data". Push power button to select, scroll again to yes, push power again. Voila!! You can then reboot the device.
Got it, thank you. Clearing the cache definitely improved the battery life. Prior to doing this, after having installed the update my battery seemed to be draining faster than when it was running Marshmallow. Think that's one my complaint overall about the S6....battery life could've been so much better. Hopefully running Nougat I'll see an improvement. Liking what I see thus far.

Last edited:

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Updated this morning and what an improvement with the battery life. This is a 2 year old phone and this update make it feel like new. Everything is so clean and fresh looking I was going to order an S8 Plus tomorrow but now I decided to hold off till Samsung works the bugs out.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I was going to jump on the S8 right at launch, but now I'll probably wait till around Christmas to upgrade to either the S8 or Note 8 depending on if Boost will allow it on its network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007