Warning to potential Samsung customers (FIRE) (Galaxy S6)

s6activefire

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S6 overheated last week 4-5-17 while performing yet another software update. (constant notifications of the software update that day) The phone became very hot and smelled of burning plastic and electronics. When I realized what was hot and making the smell I removed the phone from the room and placed it in a baking pan on concrete in the garage. At that time the phone was extremely hot and had melted the screen. It progressed from there and melted the phone and had flames coming out of both sides. Outside it went on the driveway still in the pan and I extinguished the flames with water. The remains of the phone I took to AT&T and they understandably are unable to do anything. (they didn't make the device) I was referred to Samsung customer support. I have placed numerous calls to Samsung at the number provided to me here is a summary...

Call #1 (4-6-17) - They are sorry about the situation however they can not do anything until they receive the phone back and it is evaluated, they will send a box for shipping phone back. All of my contact info was given at this time. (Spoke with two call center employees that day unsure of location of first second was in North Carolina)
Call #2 (4-7-17) - No record of my call or anything at all. My contact info was given once again along with summary of my situation. Informed the representative that I am still paying AT&T for the phone as well as having to get another phone with another activation and this is getting expensive. I have received no contact back from Samsung after this or any call. (Spoke with a call center in Canada this time same number)
Call #3 (4-10-17) -Provided my info once again some info was in their computer I verified with the call center employee. He checked and informed me that I should receive the box to return the phone to Samsung in three business days. As of 4-10-17 it has been 3 business days and I reiterated this once again. I inquired about emailing a label to me so that I can send them the phone to get things going. He informed me that is possible and he would be glad to assist me with that. I was placed on hold while the representative spoke with another department before he transferred me to them. He then cam back and said they had informed him that the box for shipping would be delivered to me the next day 4-11-17 no need to email me the label. I asked about the liability of shipping the phone that had burnt itself and I was informed that it was my liability not Samsung's. I asked about the shipping policies if i was even able to ship something like this. Was informed that it was my liability. I was also informed that I would receive a confirmation email with info for tracking and updates. No emails and no box have arrived as of yet. (Spoke with a call center in the Philippines same number)
Call #4 (4-11-17) - Called again to see about this box they can not find any info of my calls once again. Provided my info and nothing comes up in their computer. Not sure at this point what other than delaying the issue is going on. (Spoke with a call center in foreign??? I didn't ask it was hard enough to have the conversation)

Hopefully this gets the message out that Samsung has problems with other phones than the Note 7 no recalls were issued on the S6 Active however they have issues as well.

Attached are pictures of the phone hot and melting the screen as well as pictures of the phone after I had put it out.

As i find out more info I will try to keep this updated.

s6activefire

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Very accurate for Samsung Customer service PapaGary

I haven't seen graphics like that since the 90's brings back memories

Thanks

Have a nice day

s6activefire

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Seems the pictures are not here so here they are again

Attachments

• IMG_1260.jpg
    IMG_1260.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1262.jpg
    IMG_1262.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    627.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    598.8 KB · Views: 32

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It is a 2 year old phone. Released March 2015. Its an isolated incident.
The only legit complaint is the poor customer service from ATT / Samsung.
Buy a new phone and move on.
EVERY phone has the potential for fire.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney