Nougat 7.0 on Galaxy S6 - NOT happy

rgpaulk

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
This is the WORST system update I've ever seen on my Galaxy S6! Is there any way to uninstall this system update and go back to Marshmallow?

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

After my update to 7.0 on HTC m9, I had problems too. My solution was to reset all app permissions, and then reauthorize what I wanted for each app as I used them, or preemptively on some I use regularly. This cured a multitude of issues I first had. Namely battery use went way over the top.

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi again,

There are lots of threads online that give directions how to revert back to marshmallow. But you will need to make sure you back up all your data, just like you would for a factory reset. You might post the question again to the forum, as it was removed from the unanswered list after I first answered. But here are two from a quick search. https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...IIFzAE&usg=AFQjCNF4o3Sg6B2TRyIqlg_lye3ezAiuwA

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ggUMAM&usg=AFQjCNFpMeg1OLPREP4Ejwj8F6KCJGzucA
Good luck, but you should try to fix the update if you can.

A Branham

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
I hate the update too!! It has completely ruined my notifications and calling look. Everything is white. Brightness level takes two swipes to get to. NOT HAPPY!! Everybody take note before updating your phone research what it will do first. I now have to use a computer to try and restore my s6 edge to it's intended beauty not this new crappy all white design. BE CAREFUL WITH UPDATES!!!!!

bksalt

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Unhappy here also wish I had never upgraded, next upgrade I will check with others first, I hate all the changes they made. :-\

Sams6

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
I hate the update too!! It has completely ruined my notifications and calling look. Everything is white. Brightness level takes two swipes to get to. NOT HAPPY!! Everybody take note before updating your phone research what it will do first. I now have to use a computer to try and restore my s6 edge to it's intended beauty not this new crappy all white design. BE CAREFUL WITH UPDATES!!!!!

You can go into brightness settings and add the brightness bar back to the first swipe down menu just as in marshmallow.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow. This is the only update that I like since the original os. I'm on VZ not sure if that matters. Hope you guys get it figured out.

h4yd3n

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Okay, so I have a question regarding the notification bar. For everyone else who had the marshmallo update your notification bar was fast and efficient. Well, a few weeks after I updated to Nougat, my phone has been hella slow and now my notification bar is a crazy lag festival. Why is this happening. And also I've noticed that my keyboard has been laggy and now double tapping the space bar does not put a period. I hate that. Samsung needs to fix this

dwilli57

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so I have a question regarding the notification bar. For everyone else who had the marshmallo update your notification bar was fast and efficient. Well, a few weeks after I updated to Nougat, my phone has been hella slow and now my notification bar is a crazy lag festival. Why is this happening. And also I've noticed that my keyboard has been laggy and now double tapping the space bar does not put a period. I hate that. Samsung needs to fix this

I read somewhere in these boards that you should clear the cache after you update to 7.0. I did right after and haven't used it long but my space bar double tap DOES put the period. Don't know if that's why but might be worth a try.

krisqz

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere in these boards that you should clear the cache after you update to 7.0. I did right after and haven't used it long but my space bar double tap DOES put the period. Don't know if that's why but might be worth a try.
Double tap for period was off by default after the update for me. Enable it in keyboard's options.

jr866gooner

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site

Double tap for period was off by default after the update for me. Enable it in keyboard's options.
Yes i had to turn mine on as well, disabled by default.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary