07-10-2017 05:20 PM
33 12
tools
    This is the WORST system update I've ever seen on my Galaxy S6! Is there any way to uninstall this system update and go back to Marshmallow?
    04-29-2017 02:34 PM
    Hi,

After my update to 7.0 on HTC m9, I had problems too. My solution was to reset all app permissions, and then reauthorize what I wanted for each app as I used them, or preemptively on some I use regularly. This cured a multitude of issues I first had. Namely battery use went way over the top.
    Jim Thornburg and juham like this.
    04-29-2017 03:27 PM
    Hi again,

There are lots of threads online that give directions how to revert back to marshmallow. But you will need to make sure you back up all your data, just like you would for a factory reset. You might post the question again to the forum, as it was removed from the unanswered list after I first answered. But here are two from a quick search. https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...lg_lye3ezAiuwA

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...jwj8F6KCJGzucA
    Good luck, but you should try to fix the update if you can.
    04-29-2017 03:40 PM
    I hate the update too!! It has completely ruined my notifications and calling look. Everything is white. Brightness level takes two swipes to get to. NOT HAPPY!! Everybody take note before updating your phone research what it will do first. I now have to use a computer to try and restore my s6 edge to it's intended beauty not this new crappy all white design. BE CAREFUL WITH UPDATES!!!!!
    04-30-2017 02:43 AM
    Unhappy here also wish I had never upgraded, next upgrade I will check with others first, I hate all the changes they made.
    04-30-2017 08:44 AM
    I hate the update too!! It has completely ruined my notifications and calling look. Everything is white. Brightness level takes two swipes to get to. NOT HAPPY!! Everybody take note before updating your phone research what it will do first. I now have to use a computer to try and restore my s6 edge to it's intended beauty not this new crappy all white design. BE CAREFUL WITH UPDATES!!!!!
    You can go into brightness settings and add the brightness bar back to the first swipe down menu just as in marshmallow.
    Headlandscaper likes this.
    04-30-2017 01:02 PM
    You can go into brightness settings and add the brightness bar back to the first swipe down menu just as in marshmallow.
    Care to explain how?
    04-30-2017 05:52 PM
    Care to explain how?
    If you open the control panel to where you can see the brightness slider, hit the down arrow next to it and then select "Show control at the top"
    04-30-2017 07:39 PM
    Care to explain how?
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat 7.0 on Galaxy S6 - NOT happy-4860.jpg  
    Headlandscaper likes this.
    04-30-2017 07:40 PM
    If you open the control panel to where you can see the brightness slider, hit the down arrow next to it and then select "Show control at the top"
    That's great. Thank you.
    05-01-2017 12:42 PM
    Thanks. I hadn't noticed this. I often adjust my brightness "on the fly," so I appreciate the quick fix.
    05-03-2017 11:23 AM
    No issues for me after my first day & just letting it all settle down for a few days.
    05-04-2017 03:32 PM
    Wow. This is the only update that I like since the original os. I'm on VZ not sure if that matters. Hope you guys get it figured out.
    05-04-2017 04:13 PM
    Okay, so I have a question regarding the notification bar. For everyone else who had the marshmallo update your notification bar was fast and efficient. Well, a few weeks after I updated to Nougat, my phone has been hella slow and now my notification bar is a crazy lag festival. Why is this happening. And also I've noticed that my keyboard has been laggy and now double tapping the space bar does not put a period. I hate that. Samsung needs to fix this
    05-08-2017 12:43 AM
    Okay, so I have a question regarding the notification bar. For everyone else who had the marshmallo update your notification bar was fast and efficient. Well, a few weeks after I updated to Nougat, my phone has been hella slow and now my notification bar is a crazy lag festival. Why is this happening. And also I've noticed that my keyboard has been laggy and now double tapping the space bar does not put a period. I hate that. Samsung needs to fix this
    I read somewhere in these boards that you should clear the cache after you update to 7.0. I did right after and haven't used it long but my space bar double tap DOES put the period. Don't know if that's why but might be worth a try.
    05-10-2017 10:21 AM
    I read somewhere in these boards that you should clear the cache after you update to 7.0. I did right after and haven't used it long but my space bar double tap DOES put the period. Don't know if that's why but might be worth a try.
    Double tap for period was off by default after the update for me. Enable it in keyboard's options.
    05-10-2017 01:11 PM
    Double tap for period was off by default after the update for me. Enable it in keyboard's options.
    Yes i had to turn mine on as well, disabled by default.....
    05-10-2017 02:24 PM
    Quick questions - does the new 'Samsung Experience' UI come with the Nougat update?
    05-13-2017 04:56 AM
    Quick questions - does the new 'Samsung Experience' UI come with the Nougat update?
    What is the "Experience UI" ?
    05-13-2017 11:08 AM
    Is Nougat available yet on the AT&T S6? It says I have no updates available.
    05-13-2017 08:59 PM
    It's available for the AT&T S6. Are you on the AT&T network? If not, it won't update OTA.
    05-14-2017 08:43 PM
    I'm on Cricket. Is there a way to get the update?
    05-15-2017 07:52 AM
    I'm on Cricket too. Your best bet is to go to a Best Buy with a Samsung Experience Center in it. You can find their locations online. They'll update the phone for you for free--this includes small updates for security patches, by the way. I used the service to upgrade from 5 to 6, and will go back soon for 6 to 7. I went in about ten days ago and they gave me the latest security patch but told me they didn't yet have the Nougat update. They tend to run 2/3 weeks behind the OTA release. Still, it's a great option. If you go soon and they do have the update, please let me know!

Otherwise, head over to XDA and you can learn how to manually install the update yourself. It isn't very hard, but it does involve wiping your phone.
    05-15-2017 08:54 AM
    My Samsung Galaxy S6 phone was just updated to Nougat (Android 7.0.x) with much fanfare about the "new look". I am extremely unimpressed. Specific irritations:
    (a) The font is much smaller, with more blank space around the font, with the result that each icon takes more space but is (for my eyes) harder to read. In other words, the screen is much less efficiently laid out than before, and more difficult to read.
    (b) The calendar now doubles every entry, and each is harder to read for the same reason of the "look".
    (c) The telephone app (supposedly the reason for owning that device) is more difficult to use: it's harder to read, for reasons stated above, and the "Favorites" tab for telephone numbers has disappeared so that it's necessary to go an extra step or two to call home.

I am currently typing on my Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet, and it's nagging me to make the update. I don't want to do that if the same change in "look" will happen, and I have little doubt that it will.

So here are my questions:
    1. Is there a way to change the look and feel of Nougat to more nearly mimic the old Marshmallow appearance? Accessibility settings aren't helping. Maybe there's a default font setting I've missed.
    2. Is there a way to undo the change and revert back to Marshmallow on my phone, now that it's already had Nougat installed?
    3. Is there a way to set up my tablet (still running Android 6.0.1) IN ADVANCE so that I can revert back to the older software if Nougat is as inconvenient on this device?
    4. What happens if I just don't update the software?
    5. Any suggestions on how to get the calendar apps to stop duplicating entries? It happens with both the Samsung and Google calendars. I installed the Google calendar after the Samsung calendar began duplicating.
    6. How, and to whom, can I give feedback to the developers? I want to complain and give them specifics!

I can attach screenshots of the phone's 'new look' and the tablet's current look, for rough comparison, if that would be useful.
    05-17-2017 09:10 AM
    Yes, I have the S6 Edge through at&t. I got this stupid update last week.
    05-18-2017 03:23 PM
33 12