What is best for charging my Samsung 6

Whatdafk7

May 9, 2017
Visit site
I downloaded an app called accubattery and it said that it is best to charge phones at 80% to conserve the overall battery life. Is this true? And also I was wondering if keeping the option on for fast charging, does that mean the phone would generally die out faster than using standard charging?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Theoretically, keeping the battery between 40% and 80% is ideal, but realistically, it's difficult to stop your charging regularly when it reaches 80%. That also decreases the amount of time you can use the phone off charger. So a good way to approach it is to charge up to 100%, then make a habit of charging once the phone gets to 30-40%

Battery University is a good place to learn more: Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
@B. Diddy on point as usual!

For your question about fast charging, this is just a name used by Samsung (other vendors use Quick Charge/Dash Charge) for the speed of charging. While using the included adaptive fast charger (that has a higher wattage) you'll be able to top up the device faster. There are no really cons to this, so I wouldn't worry to much as this has become the standard for almost every device produced now! Below is a link with some additional information about what is though.

What is fast charging and how do I use it with my Galaxy S6 / S6 edge?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34