galaxy s6 died & won't charge or turn on & Off

A

AC Question

Monday received a message to update & did so ......My daughter has the same phone & updated as well & her phone died a day afterward......$300 later for a new phone????? Now mine has died as well????? Something isn't right here

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmmmm!

Let's try to get to the bottom of this. I agree, something doesn't seem right that both devices would die and not take a charge. When you plug the device in to charge, do you get any kind of indicator on the screen? IE a battery symbol with a % inside of it, charging light, anything? Or is it completely blank with a black screen.

Let's start here and work our way up!

Marsisme

May 15, 2017
Visit site
I am also having this problem. I got the update around wednesday and my phone was fine until last night. It sent an error message that sad the phone had overheated and stopped charging and it'd start back once it cooled off. I went to sleep my phone only got up to 70%, i had on the charger all day but the life just kept going down. It's dead now and will not charge. Its plugged up now, but the phone only reads the charger for a few minutes before it stops reading the charger again, so it stays saying "0%" I even got a new cable thinking that it was the problem, but it's the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678