+Decade Old Email Addresses as Gmail Suggestions???

infinitempg

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
A long, long time ago in a workplace not too far away, I had an old work email address that started with the same 5 characters as my new work email address. My old work email address isn't in my Gmail contacts, my S6 phones contacts, or anywhere I can find. But, and there's always a "but", every time I try to send an email thru Gmail to my new work email address, the top suggestion is my OLD email address. If I long press on it, it does nothing.

I know for a fact that my old work still keeps all the old email addresses active in case some old business tried to contact an old email address so the absolute LAST thing I want to do is accidentally send something meant for my new work email address, to my old work email address.

I have cleared the data in the Gmail app, done just about everything I can do short of a factory reset, but that old email address still is the top pick.

How do I clear something like this from my Gmail app?????
Help....

jr866gooner

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
A long, long time ago in a workplace not too far away, I had an old work email address that started with the same 5 characters as my new work email address. My old work email address isn't in my Gmail contacts, my S6 phones contacts, or anywhere I can find. But, and there's always a "but", every time I try to send an email thru Gmail to my new work email address, the top suggestion is my OLD email address. If I long press on it, it does nothing.

I know for a fact that my old work still keeps all the old email addresses active in case some old business tried to contact an old email address so the absolute LAST thing I want to do is accidentally send something meant for my new work email address, to my old work email address.

I have cleared the data in the Gmail app, done just about everything I can do short of a factory reset, but that old email address still is the top pick.

How do I clear something like this from my Gmail app?????
Help....
Have you logged on Online and had a pole around through the settings on the web interface/app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781