Samsung S6 - Issues Since Android 7.0 Upgrade

bdaoust

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I recently received the Android 7.0 on my AT&T device and over the recent weeks have noticed some issues:

1) When my phone is on a wireless charger, it says switching from wireless charging to cable charging. Then after a few moments it says the opposite, power cable to wireless. Prior to the upgrade, no issues with this charger.

2) Phone randomly wakes up as if I touched it or pressed a button. Then it goes black and sometimes it looks like the screen rotates briefly before turning off. I also sometimes hear a sound effect when this happens.

3) I've also seen the VR wizard come up randomly. When #2 happens (I think).

PS - I did do a factory reset on the phone last night and left most apps off. Also, currently do not have any lock screen passcode or anything like that set.

Thanks
Brian

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moved from the Nougat forum to the S6 forum, since these are device-specific, rather than general Nougat issues.

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
it sounds like there is something wrong with the usb port. like maybe there is something inside it shorting it out. that would explain the random switching from wireless charging to usb and also the vr wizard

Davidm1519

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issues with the VR. I just posted about charging issues as well. Sometimes it thinks a cable is plugged in and keeps dinging over and over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007