How do I get rid of a floating icon from my Samsung galaxy s6?

MickeyDs

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
This icon appeared yesterday and nothing removed it. It looks like a white talking box within a black circle. If you press on it you can drag it around but it doesn't stay on just one screen. It covers up other icons and texts. Also when you hold it the icon will turn blue and then anything you touch after that will highlight with blue and play text to speech. I'm not sure how I loaded it and I have no clue how to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
This icon appeared yesterday and nothing removed it. It looks like a white talking box within a black circle. If you press on it you can drag it around but it doesn't stay on just one screen. It covers up other icons and texts. Also when you hold it the icon will turn blue and then anything you touch after that will highlight with blue and play text to speech. I'm not sure how I loaded it and I have no clue how to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

Check your accessability settings. Open settings and navigate to:

Accessability> Vision> TalkBack

TalkBack may be the culperate. Most floating icons or overlays that are not from third-party apps come from accessability options that are part of the OS or system.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
The talk back feature is "off".
Hmmm, I'll need to look into this some more before I can provide an indefinite solution. All I can suggest for now is that you go through all of your devices accessibility options and settings. If you do find the cause I would encourage you to share it.