MMS issues with Facebook Messenger in Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S6

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 that was updated to Nougat. When sending MMS messages from the Facebook Messenger app, some people receive the text correctly (if they are using the Messenger app) but some people receive duplicate texts or images (if they're on Google Voice) or fail to receive the text/image at all (if they're on a different network; I'm on Verizon, they're on Sprint).

The problem is limited to Facebook Messenger - other texting apps like Verizon's "Messages+" or Samsung's "Messages" do not generate the same issue. So I do not think it is an APN issue.

I do know that it is new since upgrading to Nougat. When I first contacted Verizon about the problem (suspecting it was an APN issue), they replaced my phone. The new phone was fine until I upgraded to again Nougat, then it had the same problem. So it's easy to reproduce.

Tried clearing data/cache, uninstalling and reinstalling messenger, forcing stop and reopening, and so far nothing.

Thoughts on steps to take next? Maybe disable/revoke permissions on the other messaging apps?

Has anyone had this problem before?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. If it's only doing this with FB Messenger, have you contacted Facebook's tech support and discussed with them? Actually very surprised Verizon replaced the phone for that.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.