Replaced my Samsung Galaxy S6 battery. It turns off at 30%. What do I do?

Danny Freman

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I bought a replacement battery for my Samsung Galaxy S6 and now the phone turns off at around 30% battery. It is not going to 0%. What do I do? How do I calibrate or something? Or will it eventually fix itself over some time? Please help. My current location is Hawaii and I will be here for another 4-5 months. People here suggested me to visit stores like TCAWireless and few others. What should I do? Please guide me.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Could be a bad battery. Did you have Samsung replace the battery? I usually ordered a couple of replacements at a time for my old Note phones in case one is bad, but of course I had removable batteries for those phones. I've also replaced so called "non-removable" batteries myself on some of my devices. It wasn't too hard - just takes a lot more time. Good OEM replacements are pretty cheap on Amazon - but make sure you get a reputable brand since there are fakes out there that do not mAh as they say they do.

The phone may need to calibrate itself to the new battery. Typically this involves completely draining your battery and charging to 100% with the phone off, then starting the phone. Some people say you should clear the cache partition before this process. Others claim they have had success with apps designed for this purpose, or entering the short code "* # 0228 #" into the dailer. Here's a link I found for that process: https://duopc.com/how-to-calibrate-the-battery-of-the-galaxy-s6.html

Good luck and let us know what works for you!