Keyboard doesn't appear

Linda Skinner1

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. Sometimes the keyboard doesn't appear. While trying to enter my GMail password, no key board appears and when I click the Password field, the window closes. I've tried the suggestions I saw in an androidcentral blog (don't remember which one) and they haven't worked. Sometimes the Settings options suggested (Touch input Samsung Keyboard App) do not appear in my settings. I am using Google keyboard and it does not appear in the list of Apps either. I have tried restarting the phone. Nothing helps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Google keyboard app is called Gboard -- you don't see that in your Apps list?

If you go to Settings>Language & Input, do you see your keyboards listed there?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When is it that the keyboard doesn't appear -- when you're trying to enter your password on the lockscreen, or when you're using other apps?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So what I'm understanding here is that whenever you try to unlock your phone's screen and tap the password entry field, the keyboard doesn't show up, correct? Which phone do you have? Does this persist after a reboot? Is it connected to a Bluetooth keyboard?