I have a Samsung S6 mobile phone (my first Android phone). Did a fresh format last week by going into the Settings menu and clicking RESET. Following this i configured my phone and installed a number of apps.

The problem i have is i connect to my home WiFi, go out come back and it doesnt auto-reconnect. I go to another place i.e. Friends house, work etc and connect to their WiFi network and the exact same issue occurs - My phone never automatically reconnects back to the WiFi once i reach that building.

The only way it connects is to switch WiFi off and back on which then connects for me but if i travel from one place to another it doesnt connect automatically when im within reach (ive given it plenty of time).

To resolve this i have attempted the following:

1. Did a reboot.
    2. Went into the admin menu and selected Wipe Partion which didnt do anything either.
    3. Removed all WiFi connections and re-added them.
    4. Checked the WiFi settings > Advanced "Keep wifi on during sleep" which is already set to "Always"
    5. Recently enabled "Smart network switch" which i dont think will work but i thought i may as well give it a try.

Is there anything else i can do to resolve this issue? Im trying not to reset the phone again as if it is an app causing this issue i wouldnt know as i have a number of them (unless someone knows how to isolate the problematic app), which means resetting will eventually give me the same issue.

IF resetting the phone is the only way is there any difference in resetting via the Settings menu or admin (by admin i mean switching the phone off, holding the vol up key and power key until i see the menu)?
    09-28-2017 10:52 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try using Smart Switch to reinstall the firmware. http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29914
    09-29-2017 01:14 AM