Hello, I did something stupid while trying to replace the glass on my galaxy S6 and ended up damaging the screen underneath. I admittedly got impatient since I dont have a heat gun and was getting some lift while prying at the corners so now I have to deal with the consequences. This is my first time coming to the forum, so I'm not sure if images can be posted, but I will reply with a thorough collection of images if possible. I've already ordered a heat gun, and am now just wondering where to go from here. What parts do I need pick up, and where is the best place to order them. Thank you for any help you may be able to offer, I have no issue with you calling me an ***** as long as you can offer advice as well
    05-26-2018 04:45 PM
    Alright I managed to upload the photos in some capacity. Dont know why the file size limit is so small, and I know this probably isnt the most elegant solution, but at least it works
    Attached Files
    05-26-2018 04:58 PM
    Welcome to the forums. First, no one should be calling anyone names. That is just plain uncalled for.

As for suggestions on where to purchase parts, I am not sure. Sometimes YouTube channels will post where they get parts in tutorial videos.

You could try Amazon. Make sure you match model number information on both the phone and the parts.

Good luck with the repair
    05-26-2018 05:01 PM
    Assuming that you didn't damage anything under the screen at the top or bottom of the phone (and there's no way to determine that without a screen), you need a new screen. Not a digitizer, not glass, the entire screen. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...IFXj1O0g3-35aA is under $110.

And don't be too hard on yourself. We used to keep unrepairable phones in the shop for new techs to learn how to replace screens. I've never seen anyone get it right the first time (not even me). Usually it's too cold (and the screen gets damaged) or it's too hot (and the screen and the rest of the phone get damaged). It takes a few before you get to recognize that "magic feel" when the screen is just ready to come off. (And about 10°F more will damage something inside the phone.) It's not stupidity, it's lack of experience. Which is why I always recommend that people let a repair shop replace a screen. It may cost more, but you get back a working phone. (And if it's a one-man shop, he's probably replaced hundreds of screens this year alone.)
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    05-27-2018 04:33 PM