I had a sports tournament yesterday and had put my phone in my bag. About 3-4 hours later I took my phone out to check the time and noticed that the screen was black, but I knew it wasn't dead because of the blinking yellow notification light. When I tried to turn it on, the light then turned red. However, nothing could be done at the time so I put it back in my bag. After the tournament (about 2-3 hours), the screen was still black but now there was that pulsing blue light that changed from light blue to dark blue and back again. I tried looking up how to fix this and I did all the combinations of "hold down power button and home button", "hold down volume button for a couple seconds then hold down the power", etc. but nothing seemed to work. If there's a way to fix this without going hard reset, please let me know.
    06-17-2018 11:11 AM
    Hold down the power button until the phone restarts - it could take up to a minute if you're getting a pulsing blue light. (Pulsing blue is like the disk activity light in a PC - the phone is retrieving something from storage. If a file is looped, that can go on forever [and I don't mean years, I mean eons].) Once it restarts, shut it off and let it cool off. (I suspect that it was near maximum temperature for most of those 3-4 hours, probably because there was no air circulation around it.)

If it still won't shut off at that point (or if it doesn't restart), plug the charger in for an hour (if the battery dies completely, you might have to have it replaced), then bring the phone into your carrier for assistance. (If they don't do repairs, ask them for a referral.)
    06-17-2018 01:25 PM