How do I stop the "shuffle" on the Music app?

JH33

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
When I listen to my music, it defaults to "Shuffle" but I prefer it to go through the songs in order (1,2, 3, etc.). I can find no setting for changing this. I have a Samsung S6. Do I need to try another app? I'm just using the "Music" app that is supplied with the phone. Thanks for any advice.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If there's no setting on that app, yes, you need an app with a setting to turn off shuffle and run by some order - song name, artist, date, etc. ["in order (1,2, 3, etc.)" in a computer (and the phone is a computer) is meaningless - it means the order that the phone doesn't give it. the order in which files are is somewhat related to the order in which they were put on the phone - but if there were any blank slots in the directory (from previous files having been deleted), they'd go into those slots first, so the songs you might be wanting to play may be in "an order" that includes other songs. Never depends on files being stored in any particular order on a computer - they're not.]

JH33

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for answering. I meant the songs (i.e. "tracks") on a single album, that are in order. on the album. With "shuffle" I may get the same song played 2 or 3 times and others not played at all. I have the same music on my iPad Pro and it plays one-two-three etc perfectly without a setting. I think I just need a new app for my phone. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89