How can I get custom ringtones back?

Bendegeit

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S6 in which I had custom ringtones set for a handful of important people.

I used Zedge before to download ringtones and really liked it, but it's been at least two years since then.

The other day I decided to assign a new ringtone to one of my contacts and opened Zedge. Finding a tone I liked, I mistakenly selected it as the main ringtone, rather than for my contact.

From that time, my custom ringtones for individuals do not work and only the main ringtone is heard for all calls.

I have reset the main ringtone, without using Zedge, but the custom contact ringtones still do not work.

I have forced Zedge to stop, and have even uninstalled it, but the setting that Zedge changed remains corrupted.

The contacts still have their own ringtones listed. I can listen to them through Contact - Edit, and can change them, but when they call I still get only the main ringtone.

Is there something I can do to get individual ringtones back?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bendegeit

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi Rukbat, and thanks for responding.

I can see a Contacts in Apps and again in the Applications Manager, but I don't see an obvious option for clearing the cache in either.

In the first I can import, export, and merge contacts, as well as change how they are displayed.

In the other I can FORCE STOP (disable is greyed out), see usage details, change notifications permissions and system settings.

I don't see a clear cache in the individual contact file either.

As an experiment I have deleted one of the contacts completely, then recreated from a recent call, assigning an individual ringtone. This doesn't work either.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

Last edited:

Bendegeit

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Actually, apparently the option to clear data is found, for those who know where to look, in the Contacts folder in the Applications Manager.

Tap on Storage and a new window will open with an option to clear cache.

I did that, then went to a contact and reset her individual ringtone to something else.

I had her call me and once again heard the ringtone set to as the default for all calls and not the one I'd selected for her.

This is really irritating. It's also irritating that there isn't a "Contact Us" at the Zedge website.

Any other ideas? Please?

Bendegeit

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Clearing the cache has proved to not be a solution to this problem.

I have also found a link to a 'Contact Us' page for Zedge, even though that page is not easily found on their own website. I have received no responses from my inquiry there, either.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks again, in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2