Hello everyone! I have a problem with my phone. I got it in 2015, so it's not particularly new device, but until recently it worked flawlessly. Two months ago it started to crash, freeze and reboot itself without any reason.
    When it freezes, display stays on and I have to hold power button+volume down in order to turn it off. Then it starts normally.

I restored it to factory settings, but it didn't help. I think it's not a battery issue, because it happens even on 100%.

I suspect some broken hardware component, but I don't know for sure.

What are your thoughts?
    04-30-2019 04:21 AM
    Wither corrupt software or bad hardware - there's no way to tell at this point.

Back up everything that's not backed up (see Backing up an Android Device), then reflash the firmware (see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN). If that fixes it, it was software. If not it's probably hardware, and repairing it would cost more than replacing it. (Having the motherboard replaced, if that's the only problem is over $100 - they're selling on Swappa for under $100, gently used. For the price of the repair, you could easily get an S7 or better.)
    04-30-2019 12:46 PM
    Thank you Rukbat. Is flashing a stock ROM supposed to wipe out your phone completely? I've reflashed my s6, got a "PASS" message in Odin, then the phone rebooted with "Installing update" screen, and after another reboot it looks exactly the same as before flashing - it didn't remove anything...
    05-06-2019 03:22 AM