I purchased a used Samsung Galaxy S6 for a friend in Kenya. The original owner unlocked it with the Canadian provider then it had to be unlocked again in Kenya. (Can't recall what this unlock was for)

The battery quick charged ok for a few months then it stopped quick charging and drains quickly when in use.

I understand one solution to try to alleviate this problem is to reset to factory however if factory reset is done will he have to again have it unlocked for Kenya?

If anyone has other ideas of how he can get the phone to start quick charging and the battery not to drain so quickly please share them.

I've tried to open an account for this forum with no success.

Thanks everyone!
    12-12-2019 07:34 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd suspect more of a hardware issue than anything a factory reset would help. The S6 is pretty old, and this is around the time the battery starts to fail, so that would be my main suspicion for the battery drain. The lack of quick charging could be due to an issue with the charging port -- the first thing to do would be to make sure the port is clear of any debris (by blowing it out with a can of compressed air, and cleaning the contacts with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol).

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    12-12-2019 09:43 PM