06-06-2016 09:14 AM
    I think this is the S7 that Samsung should have released to the world. The 4k battery alone would make it worthwhile.
    srkmagnus likes this.
    06-06-2016 09:24 AM
    I agree. It's a really good phone and the battery bump paired with the already good hardware makes for a solid device.
    06-06-2016 09:26 AM
    I agree. It's a really good phone and the battery bump paired with the already good hardware makes for a solid device.
    Phil makes a point, and a good one, about some of the bloatware that's on it. Some I can understand, some of it's just...why? A yellow pages app? Really? But you have to take the good with the bad....
    Phoneguy108 likes this.
    06-06-2016 09:33 AM
    Why oh why wont these manufactures offer 64 and 128 gig memory phones? At least offer them, people will buy them. I see that they have finally gotten a decent size battery now they need more memory. This is just basic IMHO.
    06-06-2016 04:35 PM
    And unlocked for any carrier. No bloat ware, unlocked and usable on Verizon and I'd be all over this. Gotta be a contractual thing with the carrier's that causes Samsung to not offer unlocked here. Makes little sense otherwise.
    06-06-2016 04:40 PM
    And unlocked for any carrier. No bloat ware, unlocked and usable on Verizon and I'd be all over this. Gotta be a contractual thing with the carrier's that causes Samsung to not offer unlocked here. Makes little sense otherwise.
    Not many OEMs have (or want to exercise) that kind of power.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    06-06-2016 08:21 PM
    Why oh why wont these manufactures offer 64 and 128 gig memory phones? At least offer them, people will buy them. I see that they have finally gotten a decent size battery now they need more memory. This is just basic IMHO.
    Because they can still sell you on the minimum.

06-06-2016 08:22 PM
    Not many OEMs have (or want to exercise) that kind of power.

Yeah, but only for att, seems like they could sell a lot more unlocked, work on any carrier. Bottom line is always how much money's in it for them so maybe not enough then to make it worth it. After using Nexus devices and enjoying the generic Android experience it's really hard to consider anything not open and free to use. Got spoiled I supposed.
    06-06-2016 08:36 PM
    I wish this was on Verizon. I had the S6 active last year and it was the perfect phone for me--not too big, not too small, and huge battery.

Posted via the Android Central App on the S7 edge
    06-06-2016 08:40 PM
    Yeah, but only for att, seems like they could sell a lot more unlocked, work on any carrier. Bottom line is always how much money's in it for them so maybe not enough then to make it worth it. After using Nexus devices and enjoying the generic Android experience it's really hard to consider anything not open and free to use. Got spoiled I supposed.
    Could.

But then they're on their own for the marketing budget.

06-06-2016 08:44 PM
    True about marketing Ry, didn't consider that. As always it's about the bottom line ($$$).

I was thinking along the lines of offering both versions tho, carrier and unlocked w/o bloat. Then the carriers could advertise all they want to help their sales and Samsung could drop a couple simple adds thru the tech sites. Maybe not even have to, just give them some units to review. That way the people who care about unlocked would certainly find out about them quick. Heck, they could even charge a premium for them. I'd pay an extra 100.
    I still think it's a good possibility that the likes of Verizon, the largest provider in the U.S. just has to say we won't take your devices if you offer unlocked versions since that would affect their bottom line. Just dreaming I guess, loving the look of the active big battery and all. Finally a safe phone to go case-less with.
    06-06-2016 10:53 PM
    Jeez, why do some of the great phones I've seen have to be a carrier-exclusive?
    06-07-2016 09:28 AM
    Honestly wish there was someway I could trade in my S7 Edge for this and walk away not too much in the hole.
    06-07-2016 11:17 AM
    I really like the shatterproof screen (or whatever they are calling it). Too bad this an AT&T exclusive.
    htcrazy likes this.
    06-10-2016 11:23 PM