AT&T Deals w/Purchase of S7 Active

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
This is confusing now...can't I do a BOGO on 2 actives? I thought the BOGO deal is any of the listed phones.

Just taking a guess. ATT credits an account back $695 over the 24/30 mo plan selected. Which is how much the standard S7 costs at ATT. The S7A looks to run another $100 higher. So maybe they'll credit back $695 of the second phone? Meaning not only are they sticking you with bloatware, they also would like to dig another $100 out of your pocket.

brancross

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I visited att this afternoon, they didn't know if they would have this phone on 6/10.
Att. Come hasn't had this phone yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Based on my experience, sales reps are the last to know. They will most likely not even know on the 10th.

As far as the deals go, is this just for next payments or would I get these deals if i just buy outright?

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Based on my experience, sales reps are the last to know. They will most likely not even know on the 10th.

As far as the deals go, is this just for next payments or would I get these deals if i just buy outright?

I asked at Best Buy one day & they said you could pay for the phone 100% up front. But that your reimbursement would be account credits over the next 24 or 30 months. Do not remember which.

brancross

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

True, they didn't know.

Posted via the Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if these deals are valid if you buy the phone out right?

Looks like only on the next plan and you buy them both with monthly payments and then get a monthly credit over the time you pay for them?

It is not like you pay cash for one and they give you another phone on the spot. I figured there had to be a hitch. It will really **** a lot of people off if it is just new next plans.

Posted via my Nexus 6P!

ric2001

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm confused as well....

T48 has it correct, you can get 2 but with only $695 of bill credits, so you have to pay $100 for it. So, that's $900 for 2 of these which would be like getting 2 6Ps (just as a comparison :) ). There's also the option of getting a free Gear S2 or pay $.99 for a Galaxy Tab E if you don't want 2 actives. Those require a 2-year service agreement. I can't post the link but you can get the info on AT&T's site.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
T48 has it correct, you can get 2 but with only $695 of bill credits, so you have to pay $100 for it. So, that's $900 for 2 of these which would be like getting 2 6Ps (just as a comparison :) ). There's also the option of getting a free Gear S2 or pay $.99 for a Galaxy Tab E if you don't want 2 actives. Those require a 2-year service agreement. I can't post the link but you can get the info on AT&T's site.

Thank you

tkuhe

May 6, 2016
Visit site
So I am trying to understand the details of the BOGO offer for the S7A and was hoping someone could help me out.
I currently have a grandfathered family plan and use two lines, one is mine, one is for my wife. We are both looking to get the S7A.
Since the BOGO is only offered for those adding a line, I am wondering if anyone know the exact details for how this works. My thinking is, maybe I add a line $9.99/mo to my current plan even though I will never use that line.
What I want to know is can I cancel the line after a set period of time? If I could cancel the new line and still get the credits that would be ideal however I am guessing that not the case.
If not, doesnt it still make sense as the credit from the bogo would be $23.17 - $9.99 for new line, so $13.18 x 30 months or $395.
So I would pay one full price and one discounted $395.
Thoughts?

AaronsLyfe

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I did the math as well on all the offered devices and found that the contractual agreement costs outweighed the value of the devices. Needless to say I walked out with only a S7 Active.

AaronsLyfe

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
The 8" Tab E is only worth about $175, so with AT&T its a connected device with a 2 year contract.... so that's $240 + $.99 + tax over the life of the device. Not worth the extra expense and the contract commitment. S2 stuff doesn't do anything for me and again the BOGO falls pretty much under the same lines as already mentioned. Might be a good deal for someone wanting or needing an extra line but I can't justify it.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So I am trying to understand the details of the BOGO offer for the S7A and was hoping someone could help me out.
I currently have a grandfathered family plan and use two lines, one is mine, one is for my wife. We are both looking to get the S7A.

You can always call ATT customer service & ask. Though am going to guess that ATT is going to say if you would like a current deal, it will have to be on a current plan. So you will have to give up the old family plan for the bogo offer. Again, just guessing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair