Come on Samsung, the next active NEEDS to be able to be used with Verizon and other carriers, maybe AT&T, Verizon, and T - Mobile? What do you think, Samsung has plenty of time to doc this.
    06-11-2016 11:58 PM
    That depends on when the exclusivity contract with AT&T expires.

However, with that said, I completely agree with you on the Active having to be on all major carriers.

The one con about the standard Galaxy S phones in recent times is that due to their glass design, they can get pretty slippery and because it's glass, it's also not as durable as other materials, notably plastic.

The Active phones (minus the S4 Active) sacrifice quite a bit of style for more longevity and durability, while keeping the exact same basic hardware of the standard S-line phone. There are quite a number of people out there who want the basic hardware of a Galaxy S phone like its camera, excellent sAMOLED display and other stuff, but want a grippier and more durable construction. For those, the Active perfectly nails their wants, but sadly, not all of these customers are on AT&T, so those people are being left in the dust.

I personally don't like carrier exclusivity, because it gives us less choice if we're not on that particular carrier. But carriers do this for the sake of business, and things won't seem to change for some time.
    Phoneguy108 likes this.
    06-12-2016 02:05 AM
    Yes. I had at&t I had the s5 active and s6 active. I now am with very and upset that I can not purchase the S7 active. Hopefully one day it will be available on Verizon.
    06-12-2016 08:08 PM
    Go on ebay there selling on locked 7 actives ...there you go

Posted via my note 5 are gs7 edge
    06-29-2016 10:50 PM