Hey Everyone,
    love My S7 active so far. it is fast , comfortable. one question, is there a way to add custom ringtones to my contacts? took me forever to change the default on , but I like custon rings so i know who is calling and they are fun! looks like samsung has just streamlined it too much ! I like more customizable choices!
    06-19-2016 09:15 PM
    Hey Everyone,
    love My S7 active so far. it is fast , comfortable. one question, is there a way to add custom ringtones to my contacts? took me forever to change the default on , but I like custon rings so i know who is calling and they are fun! looks like samsung has just streamlined it too much ! I like more customizable choices!
    Open the contacts/people app then open the contact you want to assign a custom a ringtone to. From there you can edit the ringtone to your choosing. If that does not work, then use a third-party app such as Rings Extended - Google Play Store

Let us know how that goes.
    06-19-2016 09:30 PM
    the problem is I want to use my music from my media card. you only get a choice with the main # the contacts don't have that choice! had it with alll my other phones!?
    06-19-2016 09:42 PM
    the problem is I want to use my music from my media card. you only get a choice with the main # the contacts don't have that choice! had it with alll my other phones!?
    Whatever media you want to use for ringtones just copy it over to your device storage and then the folder that says ringtones. After that you'll be able to go into each individual contact and assign any ringtones that are in that folder.
    06-19-2016 10:09 PM
    doesn't work. when you go to "edit" a contact, they give you no ringtone customization for them , only for the main number. same with wall papers. i ccannort use my photo folder , only the gasllery folder. I do not want the stuff from my gallery , but they mad ethat choice default . My HTC gives you a drop down with gallery , HTC wallpaers,photos,themes to pull wallpaer from. I forgot how bad samsung is with this stuff? I think i will be miserable!
    06-19-2016 10:42 PM
    I don't understand your question... When I go to a contact and hit edit, and then hit more, it has an option for ring tones... When you open that option you scroll to the very bottom and it has an option to add from device storage. Alternatively, add the sound you want to My files, audio folder.
    06-20-2016 07:38 AM
    thank you! i did not scroll down enough within edit, I was looking at the words edit , moer int eh contact list not the more when you open! it is fixed!
    06-20-2016 10:58 AM