S7 Active user reviews!

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok AC community, what do you think of your S7 active? What are the pros/cons to you? How long have you had it? How's your battery life and screen on time? Do you wish you had gotten something else? If so, what? Pictures are welcome!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Went to AT&T store yesterday and played with it a bit, loved it, but didn't pull the trigger yet. That's not uncommon with me, as sometimes it takes two trip to spring into action :-D We shall see, as I too am a little hesitant, due to the Note 6 coming.

Chris

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had one for about a week. Everything has pretty well been summed up by Phil's excellent review on Android Central. Just a couple of my personal observations: I really like the phone. It is the first phone that will let me get through an entire day and more without charging. That is the main and compelling reason I bought the phone, not necessarily for the ruggedness, but for the battery. I tried a case and it makes the phone too heavy so i took it off and will do without. One review I read said that the screen of the Active attracts dust more so than other phones. I found that true and carry a micro fiber cloth in my back pocket so not really a problem. As already noted, it's basically an S7 in a rugged case with tactile buttons so there are no surprises here. Everything works as it should and I haven't found anything to complain about or dislike. I saved the screen for last. If you watched the video in another thread on this forum, you are now aware of the plastic coating that makes the screen easy to scratch. I tried a protector, but couldn't resolve some spot issues so removed it. I might try another brand. One person asked what happens to the waterproofing if you apply a protector, i.e., can water get in between the screen protector and the screen? Good question and I don't know the answer. For now, I'm not going to worry about it and just enjoy the phone.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active vs Samsung Galaxy S7: Drop Test Proves Which One Is More Durable

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had one for about a week. Everything has pretty well been summed up by Phil's excellent review on Android Central. Just a couple of my personal observations: I really like the phone. It is the first phone that will let me get through an entire day and more without charging. That is the main and compelling reason I bought the phone, not necessarily for the ruggedness, but for the battery. I tried a case and it makes the phone too heavy so i took it off and will do without. One review I read said that the screen of the Active attracts dust more so than other phones. I found that true and carry a micro fiber cloth in my back pocket so not really a problem. As already noted, it's basically an S7 in a rugged case with tactile buttons so there are no surprises here. Everything works as it should and I haven't found anything to complain about or dislike. I saved the screen for last. If you watched the video in another thread on this forum, you are now aware of the plastic coating that makes the screen easy to scratch. I tried a protector, but couldn't resolve some spot issues so removed it. I might try another brand. One person asked what happens to the waterproofing if you apply a protector, i.e., can water get in between the screen protector and the screen? Good question and I don't know the answer. For now, I'm not going to worry about it and just enjoy the phone.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active vs Samsung Galaxy S7: Drop Test Proves Which One Is More Durable

Thanks for sharing. It seems that the camp green is super popular online. It's sold out. Sucks that the screen can get scratched easily.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Went to AT&T store yesterday and played with it a bit, loved it, but didn't pull the trigger yet. That's not uncommon with me, as sometimes it takes two trip to spring into action :-D We shall see, as I too am a little hesitant, due to the Note 6 coming.

Chris

Lol I do this too. I'm also interested in seeing the next note before I go with the active.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I forgot to add that when I first used the S7 Active to call some friends, they asked me right away if I had switched phones. They said the clarity was great and thought I was on a landline phone. Their voices sounded better too, so call quality, at least on mine is stellar. Oh yes, and so far no dropped calls at all including a one hour conversation with my son on the way home through some known weak signal areas and a distance of over 40 miles.

I noticed Phandroid released their review yesterday for those that haven't seen it yet.
http://phandroid.com/2016/06/21/galaxy-s7-active-review/

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to add that when I first used the S7 Active to call some friends, they asked me right away if I had switched phones. They said the clarity was great and thought I was on a landline phone. Their voices sounded better too, so call quality, at least on mine is stellar. Oh yes, and so far no dropped calls at all including a one hour conversation with my son on the way home through some known weak signal areas and a distance of over 40 miles.

I noticed Phandroid released their review yesterday for those that haven't seen it yet.
http://phandroid.com/2016/06/21/galaxy-s7-active-review/

Awesome, thanks for sharing and for the link. Keep them coming guys!

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I love it! I got it on launch day and have been very pleased. It's the first Android that had made me abandon my iPhone. Battery life is fantastic, the screen is great, and I am even happy with touch wiz. The phone is a bit bulky but it feels pretty good and very solid.

No screen scratches yet but that is one of the downsides. The other is the incompatibility with Gear VR.I am hoping that samsung find a way to fit the Active into the Gear VR case.

Otherwise I am loving it! The camera is truly amazing, especially in low light. And I feel a lot more confident in the durability.

No regrets!

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
This phone is absolutely the best phone available to date. The battery is stellar, performance is second to none, build quality is absolutely solid. I had a Zagg Glass protector installed at the AT&T store and it was placed perfectly with no air bubbles or lint caught underneath. I use it without a case and it fits perfectly in an old Seidio holster I had. I also have a medium duty case that makes it fit in an old Note 4 Seidio holster and I also have the Otterbox Defender for when I'm in work areas that warrant extreme protection.

The recent rumors that the Note 7 will only come in an edge variant makes me extra happy I went with this instead of waiting on the Note.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I joined here to offer some insight to some of the questions asked. I bought the phone a couple weeks ago and love it. Most everything has been covered in reviews so this is going to deal with the screen and protectors. As you all know the screen will scratch very very easily. A samsung rep I spoke to basically said they know and it is what it is. So before I took the at&t plastic off I went to an at&t store (bought my phone from best buy) and got a screen protector. At the time they only had the bodyguardz. I took it home and put it on but there were dozens of air bubbles. I let it sit for 48 hours and they didnt go away. I went back to at&t and they tried to install one and it wouldnt stay seated in the corner. He tried a 3rd one and it seated but again air bubbles. A few days later at&t got zagg screens in so I went and exchanged the bodyguardz and took the zagg home. First try the zagg went on flawlessly. There are zero air bubbles and it adhered perfectly. It even gave a bit more clarity to the screen. So if your going to put a tempered glass screen on get a zagg. I also have a supershieldz at home for when I break the zagg I can have a backup while I wait for my $5 replacement.

As far as water goes while using a screen protector. The bodyguardz will allow water to sit behind the glass because they dont adhere properly. The zagg however allows absolutely no water. My kid plays softball a few times a week and after each game I have to dunk my phone in tap water to remove all the dust. After taking a towel to it there is absolutely no water under the screen.

Which brings me to my one minor complaint. Dust and junk gets caught between the screen and the rubber shell and it drives me nuts. I have to use a piece of paper to get in there and clean it out when it happens.

Battery life is amazing, Ive been off the charger for 1 day and 2 hours with just shy of 5 hours SOT and 44% battery left. I should hit almost 8 hours of SOT. I do turn location off unless I need it though.

Hope that helps someone make a decision on what I consider an absolutely amazing phone.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I joined here to offer some insight to some of the questions asked. I bought the phone a couple weeks ago and love it. Most everything has been covered in reviews so this is going to deal with the screen and protectors. As you all know the screen will scratch very very easily. A samsung rep I spoke to basically said they know and it is what it is. So before I took the at&t plastic off I went to an at&t store (bought my phone from best buy) and got a screen protector. At the time they only had the bodyguardz. I took it home and put it on but there were dozens of air bubbles. I let it sit for 48 hours and they didnt go away. I went back to at&t and they tried to install one and it wouldnt stay seated in the corner. He tried a 3rd one and it seated but again air bubbles. A few days later at&t got zagg screens in so I went and exchanged the bodyguardz and took the zagg home. First try the zagg went on flawlessly. There are zero air bubbles and it adhered perfectly. It even gave a bit more clarity to the screen. So if your going to put a tempered glass screen on get a zagg. I also have a supershieldz at home for when I break the zagg I can have a backup while I wait for my $5 replacement.

As far as water goes while using a screen protector. The bodyguardz will allow water to sit behind the glass because they dont adhere properly. The zagg however allows absolutely no water. My kid plays softball a few times a week and after each game I have to dunk my phone in tap water to remove all the dust. After taking a towel to it there is absolutely no water under the screen.

Which brings me to my one minor complaint. Dust and junk gets caught between the screen and the rubber shell and it drives me nuts. I have to use a piece of paper to get in there and clean it out when it happens.

Battery life is amazing, Ive been off the charger for 1 day and 2 hours with just shy of 5 hours SOT and 44% battery left. I should hit almost 8 hours of SOT. I do turn location off unless I need it though.

Hope that helps someone make a decision on what I consider an absolutely amazing phone.

Thanks for the info

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc