08-04-2016 11:29 AM
129 1234 ...
tools
    Get the Samsung plus plan and a case that covers the ports. There's some on Amazon that are way cheaper than the Otterbox Defender that do the same thing. The big selling point to me is that it's got the larger battery. I just wish the phone lived up to the claims of being as water resistant as a phone with a LifeProof case on it. Maybe LifeProof will capitalize on this shortcoming😂. "Make your Galaxy S7 Active actually active."
    No samsung plus for the active as of yet.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-06-2016 09:46 PM
    Get the Samsung plus plan and a case that covers the ports. There's some on Amazon that are way cheaper than the Otterbox Defender that do the same thing. The big selling point to me is that it's got the larger battery. I just wish the phone lived up to the claims of being as water resistant as a phone with a LifeProof case on it. Maybe LifeProof will capitalize on this shortcoming😂. "Make your Galaxy S7 Active actually active."
    I don't think Samsung plus plan is available for the Active.
    07-06-2016 11:48 PM
    That's pretty lame of Samsung. I mean it makes me feel better about my water damage situation because I didn't attempt to acquire it.
    07-07-2016 08:24 AM
    Phone has finally arrived to samsung.

Now lets see how long it takes them to respond.
    07-07-2016 01:23 PM
    Phone has finally arrived to samsung.

Now lets see how long it takes them to respond.
    I'm very interested to find out how this is handled. I have no doubt some phones will have issues such as this, the question is whether or not Samsung will stand behind its product.
    07-07-2016 02:13 PM
    I've bought an Otterbox Defender for pretty much every phone I've owned since 2009 and only kept it on my iPhone 3G. I have had the same problem with every one of them. They aren't waterproof so sweat gets between the screen protector and the screen, making it useless until I remove the case and dry it out. As for the Lifeproof, it'll be a cold day before they get another cent from me. BTW, for all their promises and guarantees, they don't promise to replace your PHONE if your case fails...just your case...
    07-07-2016 02:47 PM
    No samsung plus for the active as of yet.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Its available, just not listed on the site. I spoke to them this past weekend about adding it. They verified my imei number (because the site wouldnt) and thats all there is to it.
    07-07-2016 04:47 PM
    I just checked the site. I saw a screen protector replacement kit. Is that a replacement poly carbonate scree or just a screen protector?

Posted via my S7 Active with Samsung Pay!
    07-07-2016 06:49 PM
    Its available, just not listed on the site. I spoke to them this past weekend about adding it. They verified my imei number (because the site wouldnt) and thats all there is to it.
    Which number did you call? I have talked to 4 people at samsung and no one has a clue.

07-07-2016 07:38 PM
    Which number did you call? I have talked to 4 people at samsung and no one has a clue.

I called the one on the protection plus contact us page. I got bounced around for about 30 minutes until I finally landed in the insurance department. I passed on the protection because when I did the math it was the exact same cost overall for at&t insurance that I already have.
    07-08-2016 07:13 AM
    I called the one on the protection plus contact us page. I got bounced around for about 30 minutes until I finally landed in the insurance department. I passed on the protection because when I did the math it was the exact same cost overall for at&t insurance that I already have.
    But with AT&T the deductible is larger is it not? And it doesn't include theft or loss only damage. That was my impression anyway.
    07-08-2016 10:53 AM
    At&t's new insurance plan is much better. The deductible drops every 6 months. After 6 is 149.99, after 12 its 99.99. It covers everything including lost or stolen device. Samsungs is 129 for the service and now 99 for the deductible and doesnt cover loss or theft. When you start approaching the 2 year mark then costs will start to be more than samsung plus but in my case I change phones every year. Im sick of paying that premium every time I switch.
    07-08-2016 01:23 PM
    At&t's new insurance plan is much better. The deductible drops every 6 months. After 6 is 149.99, after 12 its 99.99. It covers everything including lost or stolen device. Samsungs is 129 for the service and now 99 for the deductible and doesnt cover loss or theft. When you start approaching the 2 year mark then costs will start to be more than samsung plus but in my case I change phones every year. Im sick of paying that premium every time I switch.
    And how much is the monthly premium?
    07-08-2016 04:04 PM
    $7/month
    07-08-2016 06:31 PM
    I had the same issues with water in the camera lenses this same time last year on my S6 Active. It took a dunk in about 3 feet of water and it is completely dead. I feel your pain and would return this device if possible or steer clear altogether. For the cost of this device and for Samsung to play the "water damage not covered" game is rediculous.

Sorry Samsung, you haven't given us a water resistant device in the S6 or S7 Active.

What's the point in getting one over the standard S7?
    07-08-2016 08:19 PM
    For me it was the more robust exterior so no glass back as well as the 33% larger battery to make it through the day without charging.
    07-08-2016 09:36 PM
    I had the same issues with water in the camera lenses this same time last year on my S6 Active. It took a dunk in about 3 feet of water and it is completely dead. I feel your pain and would return this device if possible or steer clear altogether. For the cost of this device and for Samsung to play the "water damage not covered" game is rediculous.

Sorry Samsung, you haven't given us a water resistant device in the S6 or S7 Active.

I agree Samsung needs to do the right thing
    07-08-2016 09:59 PM
    For me it was the more robust exterior so no glass back as well as the 33% larger battery to make it through the day without charging.
    Ditto
    07-08-2016 10:00 PM
    I agree Samsung needs to do the right thing
    It's a game of deception. Samsung will do nothing. IP68 on a phone with apparently flimsy seals is a no-go out the door.

the "water damage not covered" game is rediculous.
    Absolutely!
    07-09-2016 12:57 AM
    I called at least 3 number and got bounced to at least 6 people. No go. Gave up.
    07-09-2016 10:08 PM
    I've bought an Otterbox Defender for pretty much every phone I've owned since 2009 and only kept it on my iPhone 3G. I have had the same problem with every one of them. They aren't waterproof so sweat gets between the screen protector and the screen, making it useless until I remove the case and dry it out. As for the Lifeproof, it'll be a cold day before they get another cent from me. BTW, for all their promises and guarantees, they don't promise to replace your PHONE if your case fails...just your case...
    Otterbox is, based on what ive seen from friends/family with them, very expensive junk, as with most cases.
    07-10-2016 01:00 AM
    I called at least 3 number and got bounced to at least 6 people. No go. Gave up.
    Got a squaretrade 2 year plan yesterday. Had a $20 off coupon. Today is my 30th day of owning my s7 active!

07-10-2016 01:29 PM
    Got a squaretrade 2 year plan yesterday. Had a $20 off coupon. Today is my 30th day of owning my s7 active!

Don't get it wet!
    07-10-2016 06:55 PM
    Don't get it wet!
    Does the Square Trade Warranty not cover water damage?

07-11-2016 06:53 PM
    Does the Square Trade Warranty not cover water damage?
    yep they do.
    07-11-2016 08:23 PM
129 1234 ...