Water damage...

ndhusmc

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I'm sending it to Texas through UPS tomorrow. I packed it in a cardboard box with newspaper as padding so it'll likely absorb everything in transit :-!

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Well this isn't great news. I switched from an iPhone 4s to a Galaxy S4 Active because using my phone while running caused corrosion. I switched back to iPhone when my wife got a 6 plus and didn't like it. It was GREAT for running (other than size) and in a Lifeproof, I thought my worries were over. Well, on a recent vacation, I was in a river with the phone submerged waist deep for about 5 mins and now it's pretty glitchy. I avoided going the insurance route out of indignation with Apple and Lifeproof and decided to go back to an "Active." I hope I didn't trade one bad phone for another!!!

ndhusmc

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Well this isn't great news. I switched from an iPhone 4s to a Galaxy S4 Active because using my phone while running caused corrosion. I switched back to iPhone when my wife got a 6 plus and didn't like it. It was GREAT for running (other than size) and in a Lifeproof, I thought my worries were over. Well, on a recent vacation, I was in a river with the phone submerged waist deep for about 5 mins and now it's pretty glitchy. I avoided going the insurance route out of indignation with Apple and Lifeproof and decided to go back to an "Active." I hope I didn't trade one bad phone for another!!!

Get the Samsung plus plan and a case that covers the ports. There's some on Amazon that are way cheaper than the Otterbox Defender that do the same thing. The big selling point to me is that it's got the larger battery. I just wish the phone lived up to the claims of being as water resistant as a phone with a LifeProof case on it. Maybe LifeProof will capitalize on this shortcoming😂. "Make your Galaxy S7 Active actually active."

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Get the Samsung plus plan and a case that covers the ports. There's some on Amazon that are way cheaper than the Otterbox Defender that do the same thing. The big selling point to me is that it's got the larger battery. I just wish the phone lived up to the claims of being as water resistant as a phone with a LifeProof case on it. Maybe LifeProof will capitalize on this shortcoming😂. "Make your Galaxy S7 Active actually active."

No samsung plus for the active as of yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

tkuhe

May 6, 2016
Visit site

I don't think Samsung plus plan is available for the Active.

ndhusmc

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
That's pretty lame of Samsung. I mean it makes me feel better about my water damage situation because I didn't attempt to acquire it.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Phone has finally arrived to samsung.

Now lets see how long it takes them to respond.
I'm very interested to find out how this is handled. I have no doubt some phones will have issues such as this, the question is whether or not Samsung will stand behind its product.

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

I've bought an Otterbox Defender for pretty much every phone I've owned since 2009 and only kept it on my iPhone 3G. I have had the same problem with every one of them. They aren't waterproof so sweat gets between the screen protector and the screen, making it useless until I remove the case and dry it out. As for the Lifeproof, it'll be a cold day before they get another cent from me. BTW, for all their promises and guarantees, they don't promise to replace your PHONE if your case fails...just your case...

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just checked the site. I saw a screen protector replacement kit. Is that a replacement poly carbonate scree or just a screen protector?

Posted via my S7 Active with Samsung Pay!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Its available, just not listed on the site. I spoke to them this past weekend about adding it. They verified my imei number (because the site wouldnt) and thats all there is to it.

Which number did you call? I have talked to 4 people at samsung and no one has a clue.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Which number did you call? I have talked to 4 people at samsung and no one has a clue.

I called the one on the protection plus contact us page. I got bounced around for about 30 minutes until I finally landed in the insurance department. I passed on the protection because when I did the math it was the exact same cost overall for at&t insurance that I already have.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I called the one on the protection plus contact us page. I got bounced around for about 30 minutes until I finally landed in the insurance department. I passed on the protection because when I did the math it was the exact same cost overall for at&t insurance that I already have.
But with AT&T the deductible is larger is it not? And it doesn't include theft or loss only damage. That was my impression anyway.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
At&t's new insurance plan is much better. The deductible drops every 6 months. After 6 is 149.99, after 12 its 99.99. It covers everything including lost or stolen device. Samsungs is 129 for the service and now 99 for the deductible and doesnt cover loss or theft. When you start approaching the 2 year mark then costs will start to be more than samsung plus but in my case I change phones every year. Im sick of paying that premium every time I switch.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
At&t's new insurance plan is much better. The deductible drops every 6 months. After 6 is 149.99, after 12 its 99.99. It covers everything including lost or stolen device. Samsungs is 129 for the service and now 99 for the deductible and doesnt cover loss or theft. When you start approaching the 2 year mark then costs will start to be more than samsung plus but in my case I change phones every year. Im sick of paying that premium every time I switch.
And how much is the monthly premium?

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issues with water in the camera lenses this same time last year on my S6 Active. It took a dunk in about 3 feet of water and it is completely dead. I feel your pain and would return this device if possible or steer clear altogether. For the cost of this device and for Samsung to play the "water damage not covered" game is rediculous.

Sorry Samsung, you haven't given us a water resistant device in the S6 or S7 Active.

What's the point in getting one over the standard S7?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae