Water damage...

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issues with water in the camera lenses this same time last year on my S6 Active. It took a dunk in about 3 feet of water and it is completely dead. I feel your pain and would return this device if possible or steer clear altogether. For the cost of this device and for Samsung to play the "water damage not covered" game is rediculous.

Sorry Samsung, you haven't given us a water resistant device in the S6 or S7 Active.

What's the point in getting one over the standard S7?

I agree Samsung needs to do the right thing

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I called the one on the protection plus contact us page. I got bounced around for about 30 minutes until I finally landed in the insurance department. I passed on the protection because when I did the math it was the exact same cost overall for at&t insurance that I already have.

I called at least 3 number and got bounced to at least 6 people. No go. Gave up.

Slade8525

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I've bought an Otterbox Defender for pretty much every phone I've owned since 2009 and only kept it on my iPhone 3G. I have had the same problem with every one of them. They aren't waterproof so sweat gets between the screen protector and the screen, making it useless until I remove the case and dry it out. As for the Lifeproof, it'll be a cold day before they get another cent from me. BTW, for all their promises and guarantees, they don't promise to replace your PHONE if your case fails...just your case...

Otterbox is, based on what ive seen from friends/family with them, very expensive junk, as with most cases.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Glad you haven't had issues. Many others have unfortunately.

yes, which is why I got the Square trade coverage. I never had coverage on my S6 Active and sold it as a mint condition phone. I paid $861 with taxes for my S7 Active so the square trade is a bit of peace of mind. And I can transfer it to the new owner when I sell it for their piece of mind.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yes, which is why I got the Square trade coverage. I never had coverage on my S6 Active and sold it as a mint condition phone. I paid $861 with taxes for my S7 Active so the square trade is a bit of peace of mind. And I can transfer it to the new owner when I sell it for their piece of mind.
That looks pretty good. I'm going to go ahead and get that but I may just get the one year policy since I'll likely get the S8 Active next year.

ndhusmc

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I'm sending it to Texas through UPS tomorrow. I packed it in a cardboard box with newspaper as padding so it'll likely absorb everything in transit :-!

Update to my situation: I received an email from Samsung today telling me that my repair is on hold while they wait on a new part. Maybe new seals?

"Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Please be advised that your Samsung service ticket [##########] has been placed on a temporary hold due to an unavailable part.

As soon as the part becomes available, your device will be repaired and shipped promptly.

If you have any additional questions, please call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG and reference Ticket Number: ###########.

Thank you for your patience,
Samsung Electronics America

tkuhe

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Update to my situation: I received an email from Samsung today telling me that my repair is on hold while they wait on a new part. Maybe new seals?

"Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Please be advised that your Samsung service ticket [##########] has been placed on a temporary hold due to an unavailable part.

As soon as the part becomes available, your device will be repaired and shipped promptly.

If you have any additional questions, please call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG and reference Ticket Number: ###########.

Thank you for your patience,
Samsung Electronics America
Thanks for sharing. Interesting that they are waiting on a part and not sending you a new unit? Could be nothing but maybe there is a fix coming? Or maybe there were a batch of phones that went out missing a specific part?

Slade8525

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
if you follow up with samsung, they will likely go out of their way to keep you happy. has worked for me in the past; just mention how inconvenienced you were and disappointed, considering other options, but willing to assume it was a fluke. S7 Active costs maybe $350 from production to delivery, say they eat another $150 in shipping, parts, labor/repair costs, thats still about $200 in profit they made, and to keep a customer they are usually willing to fork over some nice perks or accessories.

Apple is the leader in this respect, and Samsung is trying to replicate this and become the premiere phone manufacturer. Don't abuse it, but good customer service is always going above and beyond for fluke issues to save face, and they have a large profit margin already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech