Having second thoughts..

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Want the S7 Active but all these supposed problems have me second guessing. Problems with the screens, water damage, etc.. Also noticed that customer reviews for the S7A have been removed from Samsungs website. Something smells a lil fishy!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I can honestly say I have not had one hiccup or doubt on my S7 Active. Among the most bug free out of the box that I have seen in a while! I am sure there are some lemons out there, but I have been nothing but impressed with this device.

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine just a few days and so far no issues. I have a tempered glass screen protector on the way as well as a slim case. The case just because I feel better with one (probably just a placebo affect) and the tempered glass simply so ensure the screen stays flawless,

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to add that I too have had a very good experience. This is the first phone in a long time that will get me through an entire day without charging. I also put on a screen protector and am awaiting a Poetic case that I may or may not use. So far I have not a single complaint.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the list of those that are having an awesome experience. No better phone available to date. The battery is awesome. The build quality is extremely solid. The only thing is that a glass screen protector is a must. I usually don't use screen protector so I didn't want to start now but fortunately I got it cheap and it was placed perfectly so I'm a happy camper. :)

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Couldn't be happier. Love being able to go without a case and not worry about it. I came from what I consider the other best phone. The international gs7 edge dual sim. The battery is similar and I don't have to treat it like a newborn baby lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Want the S7 Active but all these supposed problems have me second guessing. Problems with the screens, water damage, etc.. Also noticed that customer reviews for the S7A have been removed from Samsungs website. Something smells a lil fishy!

Same here!!!! Probably going to stick with my S6A

tkuhe

May 6, 2016
Visit site
So I really wanted to love this phone but I am just so paranoid now by all of the water issues and what seems like a lack of support from either Samsung or ATT that I am not sure I am going to get it.
I dont really mind the screen scratching part as I understand the plastic layer helps protect the shattering completely and I dont mind having to add another glass protector on it. Sounds like everyone has been very happy with the Zagg.
However the water is a real issue to me and feels a little dishonest if you ask me. They sell it as a feature for the phone and make IP68 claims. Having worked for the govt and had products go through official IP testings, I highly doubt Samsung did any official IP68 testing and is using it more for marketing.
The fact that sand and dirt get caught between the screen and the edge is also a bummer and sounds like a poor design choice to me and one that the engineers should have fixed.

Visc

May 23, 2015
Visit site
What do you mean sand and dirt get stuck between edge and screen?

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So I really wanted to love this phone but I am just so paranoid now by all of the water issues and what seems like a lack of support from either Samsung or ATT that I am not sure I am going to get it.
I dont really mind the screen scratching part as I understand the plastic layer helps protect the shattering completely and I dont mind having to add another glass protector on it. Sounds like everyone has been very happy with the Zagg.
However the water is a real issue to me and feels a little dishonest if you ask me. They sell it as a feature for the phone and make IP68 claims. Having worked for the govt and had products go through official IP testings, I highly doubt Samsung did any official IP68 testing and is using it more for marketing.
The fact that sand and dirt get caught between the screen and the edge is also a bummer and sounds like a poor design choice to me and one that the engineers should have fixed.
Lack of support from Samsung? As of right now the people who had water damage are just barely getting their phones back to Samsung. I think it would be fair to see how Samsung handles these before we say they won't support their devices.

I for one haven't had any water issues but I am very interested in seeing how Samsung handles this before I jump to any conclusions.

tkuhe

May 6, 2016
Visit site
What do you mean sand and dirt get stuck between edge and screen?

If you watch the video review on this website you will see a gap between the glass and the case that collect small items, sand in the review. Others have posted about having to use a piece of paper to clean it out when things get trapped there.

tkuhe

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Lack of support from Samsung? As of right now the people who had water damage are just barely getting their phones back to Samsung. I think it would be fair to see how Samsung handles these before we say they won't support their devices.

I for one haven't had any water issues but I am very interested in seeing how Samsung handles this before I jump to any conclusions.

You are right and I should not jump to conclusions. Also, I hope this is isolated and does not represent the majority of the S7A phones out there.
That said, the lack of Samsung Protection Plus for the Active seems odd to me.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

So in every review of the S7 Active, I saw them test the iP68 rating and no issues that I saw. Many others have used it with no issues and a few have had issues and now it is a confirmed issue? I have used it in an near water and the pool with out issues like the majority I would assume. Once a device gets out in the wild there are too many variables to control for an there will be some issues. And as far as the sand, I personally would not use my device near sand without a bag protector since sand get well... everywhere and in all kind of cracks.

If there is any doubt in your mind, do not get it. Not worth the worry but overall I have been very satisfied with my S7 Active.

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
If you watch the video review on this website you will see a gap between the glass and the case that collect small items, sand in the review. Others have posted about having to use a piece of paper to clean it out when things get trapped there.

I saw that and was worried, too. But I think those must have been pre-production or something b/c I can't see ANY gap between screen and plastic on my phone.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I saw that and was worried, too. But I think those must have been pre-production or something b/c I can't see ANY gap between screen and plastic on my phone.

I posted about this issue last week. dust and pocket lint get stuck in there. I had to exchange my phone due to an at&t screw up and not a problem with the phone, and I will say the new one I have doesnt have the issue. Out of the 2 If had, neither have had the screen issues or water issues either. Ive dunked them both regularly (without tipping them down so water doesnt enter the mic port) and they work perfectly fine.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
That said, the lack of Samsung Protection Plus for the Active seems odd to me.

Who told you they dont offer protection plus? I spoke to a rep the other day about adding it onto my phone and there was no issue at all. He verified the imei and was good to go.

tkuhe

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Who told you they dont offer protection plus? I spoke to a rep the other day about adding it onto my phone and there was no issue at all. He verified the imei and was good to go.
Just going by whats on there website.

What devices are eligible?
Eligible devices include Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note edge, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. Supported carriers are AT&T, MetroPCS, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and Verizon.