Hey gang,

I want to buy this phone outright, unlock it and drop my tmobile sim in it. And so far, I've been shot down by both an Authorized Retailer store and a company store.

What's the trick to picking up this phone without a plan?

Thanks!
    Jack

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-04-2016 10:41 AM
    Hey gang,

I want to buy this phone outright, unlock it and drop my tmobile sim in it. And so far, I've been shot down by both an Authorized Retailer store and a company store.

Thanks!
    Jack

Go to best buy. They won't give a [removed by mod].
    07-04-2016 11:49 AM
    Hey gang,

Thanks!
    Jack

They really won't sell u a phone? Swappa.com is a good bet too or ebay.

07-04-2016 11:50 AM
    Yep, Best Buy is the right answer. Got the phone with no questions asked. Thanks!

07-04-2016 08:27 PM
    Yep, Best Buy is the right answer. Got the phone with no questions asked. Thanks!

That's so weird they wouldn't let you buy one. Oh well it's AT&T I don't expect much out of those douches.

07-04-2016 09:47 PM
    That's so weird they wouldn't let you buy one. Oh well it's AT&T I don't expect much out of those douches.

This. They are so uptight about selling plans and direct tv they do not care about the phone. I guess the sales reps do not get anything or not much to just sell the device.

Posted via my S7 Active with Samsung Pay!
    07-06-2016 08:17 AM
    You can literally walk in to Best Buy and buy it straight out.
    07-06-2016 05:40 PM
    I've had this problem a lot over the years with ATT. They're such asswipes when it comes to full priced phones and buying outright. I had a friend who worked there a few years back and he said they didn't get any kind of bonus or kickback on outright purchases so they opted not to sell them without a plan. Apparently calling into customer service and having them on the phone coaxed stores into selling them.
    07-25-2016 05:42 PM
    surprised best buy is allowed to sell them, but my ATT store let me buy 5 outright (2 with plans, 3 without) no issues at all. 2 on 2 different credit cards, 3 with cash. didnt re-up any plans or change any plans either (grandfathered unlimited data; dont wanna mess with that!), and rep at the store transferred everything over/set mine up EXACTLY as i had my S4 including pics/libraries/data etc. i got the 2 i bought for the 2 plans i have unlocked that day (took about 30 minutes but he was transferring stuff from my old s4 to S7 anyways), and he set up the unlock requests that day (it was a monday), that friday i had SIM unlock codes emailed to me for the other 3 devices. used the same t-mobile SIM to unlock GF's, folks, and my own S7 active (we travel overseas a lot) and worked without a hitch.

Once i got on vacation, i put in a micro sim from WIND in greece put in the code and gave it to my cousin, and Bouygues in france, got a sim put code in and gave it to my sister. zero issues.
    07-29-2016 10:35 PM