Wow. Had my new S7 Active since yesterday evening and can't get over how much better it is than my old S4 Active I bought in 2013. This version seems so much more polished and feels higher quality. Android has progressed as well. I gave up my last Active when my wife bought and didn't like her iPhone 6 plus. I felt so cool with the 6 plus for so long. But a little bit of water (IN A LIFEPROOF CASE!) ruined it so back I went to an Active. I thought I'd have to suffer with this phone but I now kinda pity those that won't try out Android. Apple sucks you into their ecosystem, no doubt. But I think this phone was really worth the switch.
    07-07-2016 08:37 AM
    It wasn't that long ago, and yet a lot of things have changed in the realm of Android.
    07-07-2016 08:40 AM
    Yep! And by the way, I already accidentally dropped the phone in water! Soaking in the hot tub last night, I was checking out the phone and it slipped out of my hands (so much smaller than a 6 plus, lol) and into the water. It took it like a champ. Not a glitch.
    07-07-2016 09:38 AM
    Former S4 user; when they came out with the Active it was too late to return the S4; although the S4 survived fine except for a dead charging port ($8 fix) and a wonky GPS since last flash (Goldeneye on some random kernel), i would regularly wipe it down with windex, rain hit it a few times, few bonks and drops, and it took it like a champ. Glass and metal are bad ideas for phones' longevity; polycarbonate rubber and other plastics hold up WAY better.

Anyways. Friend decided to test/check out my S7 Actives' durability the other night by pouring an (awful, awful) beer he was not going to finish on it, much to my irritation, after i had passed out. Despite some sticky keys and smelly beer residue, it rinsed right off and works just fine. I have a Cimo TPU case and glass screen protector.
    07-09-2016 10:34 PM
    Former S4 user; when they came out with the Active it was too late to return the S4; although the S4 survived fine except for a dead charging port ($8 fix) and a wonky GPS since last flash (Goldeneye on some random kernel), i would regularly wipe it down with windex, rain hit it a few times, few bonks and drops, and it took it like a champ. Glass and metal are bad ideas for phones' longevity; polycarbonate rubber and other plastics hold up WAY better.

Anyways. Friend decided to test/check out my S7 Actives' durability the other night by pouring an (awful, awful) beer he was not going to finish on it, much to my irritation, after i had passed out. Despite some sticky keys and smelly beer residue, it rinsed right off and works just fine. I have a Cimo TPU case and glass screen protector.
    Damn, he could have at least rinsed it off after pouring his beer on it!

Posted via my S7 Active with Samsung Pay!
    07-10-2016 06:28 PM
    Damn, he could have at least rinsed it off after pouring his beer on it!

Posted via my S7 Active with Samsung Pay!
    i was not pleased; came home from a long day of biking and tennis w/gf, had a glass of scotch and hit the hay. Whole kitchen reaked of beer, and my phone was still in the sink. Doubtful he'll be invited over again; disrespectful to say the least. Phone works fine tho. This is the same 'friend' that immediately did a huge smoky burnout in my RX-8 almost wrecking it the day i got a set of nice $700 tires and had specifically told him not to do anything stupid. Plus he beat the clutch to **** as well; RX-8 is not made for burnouts. i made him call for a ride home that day.

He is 49. at least according to my GF and other friends present he didnt decide to drop test it.
    07-11-2016 12:59 PM