12-02-2017 01:55 PM
97 1234
tools
    My guess is that Samsung will not warranty this, because they are scratches, and not a defect in the device. It would "appear" to me, that something was apparently in your pocket at the time it occurred. With the new plastic coating they are using, it scratches much easier, that's why I put a tempered glass protector ontop of the screen.

If it were me, I would not fault Samsung on this particular issue, because I knew it was easier to scratch, due to the plastic coating, as I did much research on the device, before purchasing. Good luck with your endeavor, I would think it wouldn't be too expensive to replace the plastic coating, through Samsung, if they chose to charge you.

Chris
    08-01-2016 07:40 AM
    I believe you can order a kit from them now to replace the protective film now.
    08-01-2016 07:47 AM
    I haven't purchased this phone yet but I wonder if it's possible to remove the factory screen protector and just leave it off, I have never liked screen protectors and I suspect eventually it's going to have to be replaced anyway. Im not sure how it's attached but apparently the kit comes with a removal tool...
    08-02-2016 08:26 AM
    The same thing just happened to me I pulled out my phone from my pocket and it's scratched from my keys I had no idea this would be possible on an S7 active. I should have stuck with my pristine iPhone but I switched to the active for the ruggedness what a mistake now I'm stuck for the next two years with a scratched phone.

What's ironic is I have a screen protector on order I thought the phone could handle a day or two without one
    08-16-2016 09:23 PM
    I bought my phone 4 days ago and had the att rep install the tempered glass and pulled the phone out this morning when I got work, just to discover I had a crack underneath the tempered glass. this blows
    08-16-2016 09:27 PM
    I bought my phone 4 days ago and had the att rep install the tempered glass and pulled the phone out this morning when I got work, just to discover I had a crack underneath the tempered glass. this blows
    Ugh. Sorry to hear. How do you think that happened?
    08-16-2016 11:44 PM
    Ugh. Sorry to hear. How do you think that happened?
    I think this phone is defective it was getting hot the first night I got it and I'm thinking that it was warm and when I pulled out of my pocket the temperature change cracked it. I'm going to take it to att to if they can do something about since the tempered glass was installed by them and the crack is below it and the tempered glass is perfect shape.
    08-17-2016 07:48 AM
    Same thing happened to me over the weekend. pulled my phone out of my pocket and noticed the screen was broken between the back button and home screen button. Phone is one month old! This is clearly a design flaw...
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S7 Active - Screen Cracked - No Impact! In my pocket!-dscn0826-1-.jpg  
    08-17-2016 03:50 PM
    Wow sorry guys. Insane....
    08-18-2016 01:18 AM
    My S7 Active screen spidered between the middle and third button. Inside a Beetle case .... I had dropped it straight down from less than 30" and on carpet....was a straight crack between keys then when it heated it shattered like spider with 25 legs ... running full display. In Texas now at Samsung and told I damaged it and almost $200 to replace screen.
    08-24-2016 09:32 PM
    Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, but a veteran when it comes to the internets and technology. I recently purchased the GS7 Active specifically to avoid worrying about damaging the device/water issues. As we all know, the water tests have recently been showing some very concerning results. More concerning than the water-proofing issues is what happened to my device last week.

I took my phone out of my pocket and noticed what I originally though was a scratch... perhaps a hair? My brain wasn't even processing the possiblity that the middle of the screen randomly cracked for no reason. After trying to blow away the hair/wipe off the scratch/smudge I quickly realized that the impossible situation is very possible.

I have a crack right through the top center of the screen in my brand new GS7 Active! Are you kidding me?! It's a very strange crack too, curved in the center with small perendicular cracks along the larger crack.

I've owned a GS2, 3, 4, and 5... skipped the 6 and went for a GS7 Active. In every previous Galaxy I've owned I have never once damaged the device. I've dropped a few in my day. But never would I assume the GS7 Active would simply crack in my pocket!!!

Worst than this, there are other reports of this happening the same exact way on the Samsung forums.

AT&T is not being helpful at all. Trying to force me to file an insurance claim. Or send the device back to Samsung for them to repair it and send me a replacement. Ok? Great! I call Samsung, they laughed at me and said "We don't send out replacements... you can send us the phone and we may decide to repair it in 14 business days".

Ummmmmm.... no! I need my phone for work. 14 business days?! It is clearly a defect with the device itself.

What are my options? Now that the GS7 isn't even waterproof, and I'm now seeing evidence that the screens are cracking/fogging/smudging beyond reason... I'm hoping that Samsung steps up to the plate and fixes the device/sends us new ones or* allows for a refund/replacement.

Otherwise, it's off to the BBB and to make sure that everyone knows not to purchase the Active product line until Samsung makes good on their advertised features.

Welcome to the club mine cracked after 6 days and also it was on my pocket but I have T-Mobile and those Mmmm not very intelligent people told me that is why we recommend the protector and like you I wouldn't mind if I drop it or step on it but on my pocket while I'm at the office? Are you kidding me! So it's my last Samsung Cell Phone I guess I will try Apple again
    08-28-2016 03:43 PM
    I am having the same problem. I put my S7 Active in a case, added a screen protector and carry it in a holster. I have had it less than 60 days and NEVER dropped it. Today I went it pick it up and found cracks in the bottom left corner at the top in the center going down the screen about half way.

I called Samsung and got a VERY helpful person. I do have to ship my phone back but I don't think they will try to charge me for any repairs. I was very clear but polite about the fact that this phone is marketing specifically as being tough and rugged right out of the box. And yet mine cracked in spite of being cased and not dropped. I will keep you posted on what happens.

One odd thing....
    When I went to the Samsung website to look at warranty info I was VERY surprised that the S7 Active is no longer listed anywhere. You have to do a site search to find it.
    08-29-2016 02:42 PM
    I am having the same problem. I put my S7 Active in a case, added a screen protector and carry it in a holster. I have had it less than 60 days and NEVER dropped it. Today I went it pick it up and found cracks in the bottom left corner at the top in the center going down the screen about half way.

I called Samsung and got a VERY helpful person. I do have to ship my phone back but I don't think they will try to charge me for any repairs. I was very clear but polite about the fact that this phone is marketing specifically as being tough and rugged right out of the box. And yet mine cracked in spite of being cased and not dropped. I will keep you posted on what happens.

One odd thing....
    When I went to the Samsung website to look at warranty info I was VERY surprised that the S7 Active is no longer listed anywhere. You have to do a site search to find it.
    Be prepared because they are going to charge you. Hate to sound pessimistic but it's going to happen.
    08-30-2016 08:37 AM
    Same thing happened to me over the weekend. pulled my phone out of my pocket and noticed the screen was broken between the back button and home screen button. Phone is one month old! This is clearly a design flaw...
    Totally a design flaw! Get as many images of phones that this occurred on as you can and send them to Samsung, even better send them to
    Mike Gikas (mgikas@consumer.org) of Consumer Reports. He has written multiple articles about the S7Active and can bring attention to the issue.
    If you can show him 6 or more phones failing at the same spot (which seems to be where the width of the glass is small) I think he can make a case out of it.
    08-30-2016 10:29 AM
    Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, but a veteran when it comes to the internets and technology. I recently purchased the GS7 Active specifically to avoid worrying about damaging the device/water issues. As we all know, the water tests have recently been showing some very concerning results. More concerning than the water-proofing issues is what happened to my device last week.

I took my phone out of my pocket and noticed what I originally though was a scratch... perhaps a hair? My brain wasn't even processing the possiblity that the middle of the screen randomly cracked for no reason. After trying to blow away the hair/wipe off the scratch/smudge I quickly realized that the impossible situation is very possible.

I have a crack right through the top center of the screen in my brand new GS7 Active! Are you kidding me?! It's a very strange crack too, curved in the center with small perendicular cracks along the larger crack.

I've owned a GS2, 3, 4, and 5... skipped the 6 and went for a GS7 Active. In every previous Galaxy I've owned I have never once damaged the device. I've dropped a few in my day. But never would I assume the GS7 Active would simply crack in my pocket!!!

Worst than this, there are other reports of this happening the same exact way on the Samsung forums.

AT&T is not being helpful at all. Trying to force me to file an insurance claim. Or send the device back to Samsung for them to repair it and send me a replacement. Ok? Great! I call Samsung, they laughed at me and said "We don't send out replacements... you can send us the phone and we may decide to repair it in 14 business days".

Ummmmmm.... no! I need my phone for work. 14 business days?! It is clearly a defect with the device itself.

What are my options? Now that the GS7 isn't even waterproof, and I'm now seeing evidence that the screens are cracking/fogging/smudging beyond reason... I'm hoping that Samsung steps up to the plate and fixes the device/sends us new ones or* allows for a refund/replacement.

Otherwise, it's off to the BBB and to make sure that everyone knows not to purchase the Active product line until Samsung makes good on their advertised features.

I had the same thing happen on a 2 week old S7 Active! I woke up in the morning and noticed the entire screen had hair line cracks sort of starting at the speaker/ear opening location. Called ATT and got the run around. Kept pushing me to file a claim when the phone was never dropped. I wish I had taken pictures. It was disturbing. I gave in and sent the phone in for $199 ded to replace it. Now I have the new one and there is something odd going on with the screen as well. There's a foggy/streaky type haze in an odd pattern on most of the surface of the screen. If I used a micro pad it cleans off but comes back later that day, in the same pattern.Galaxy S7 Active - Screen Cracked - No Impact! In my pocket!-imagejpeg_0.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	imagejpeg_0.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	237984

I'm keeping an eye on this haze thing and am pretty upset someone else and possibly many others are having cracked screen issues on this supposed indestructible phone!
    08-31-2016 08:19 PM
    What a mess!
    08-31-2016 10:25 PM
    Similar experience, screen shattered w/ a crack originating near the back button. 6-yr old had phone, left room and came back 5 minutes later. Not certain, but we believe she walked the phone into a door knob.

"Shatter resistant" should not crack when handled by child. Phone is more fragile than non-"active" models, and features no better. Ripoff.

Returned it under the AT&T insurance, which is a money-making scheme of its own ($7.99/mo w/ $225 deductible--the deductible was $199 prior to Sep 2016).
    09-02-2016 10:13 AM
    Similar experience, screen shattered w/ a crack originating near the back button. 6-yr old had phone, left room and came back 5 minutes later. Not certain, but we believe she walked the phone into a door knob.

"Shatter resistant" should not crack when handled by child. Phone is more fragile than non-"active" models, and features no better. Ripoff.

Returned it under the AT&T insurance, which is a money-making scheme of its own ($7.99/mo w/ $225 deductible--the deductible was $199 prior to Sep 2016).

Letting a kid destroy the phone is not a defect and that is not At&t insurance, that is Asurion used by all carriers.
    09-04-2016 06:44 PM
    Galaxy S7 Active - Screen Cracked - No Impact! In my pocket!-image.jpgThe s7 Active is definitely far from shatter proof, my 2 day old active has a shattered screen and tempered glass screen protector is in perfect condition. First I had to return my Note 7 due to battery issue and now a fall from less than 3 feet shattered a screen that is advertised as being shatter proof. Even worse is that I can't return it once the Note 7 becomes available again.
    09-05-2016 10:47 PM
    You all have scared me from buying this phone... I believe there is a design flaw. The cream cracking from temperature, the screen cracking near the buttons, the phone getting damaged by water... Yet attached charges 100 more for it...

I can't buy this phone and then go through this mess
    09-06-2016 12:58 AM
    And here I thought it's the most durable phone. Huh.
    09-06-2016 04:32 AM
    Just switch to an Andorid phone for the first time and decided to go with the S7 Active for protection, had the phone 2 weeks and also got the spider crack between the buttons from a 2 foot fall . This happened under the tempered glass protector screen. This sucks.
    09-06-2016 09:42 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	637.3 KB 
ID:	238608The s7 Active is definitely far from shatter proof, my 2 day old active has a shattered screen and tempered glass screen protector is in perfect condition. First I had to return my Note 7 due to battery issue and now a fall from less than 3 feet shattered a screen that is advertised as being shatter proof. Even worse is that I can't return it once the Note 7 becomes available again.
    Best bet is to send it to Samsung to repair it so you can turn it back in when the Note 7 is available. My friend has to do that with the S7 edge loaner he got.
    09-06-2016 12:17 PM
    Letting a kid destroy the phone is not a defect and that is not At&t insurance, that is Asurion used by all carriers.
    I concur. That insurance is a rip off. When the deductibles are practically the same as what a repair would cost then what's the use of it? Theft or loss? Really? Don't we all keep these phones close to us at all times and isn't there plenty of locating apps? I haven't lost or had a phone stolen ever. Who would steal these things these days since they're so easily tracked anyway? At any rate, insurance from the carriers is a rip-off and I rather just pay if and when I have to have my phone repaired. By the way, as far as the drop, how can it break so easily when handled by a child when it has proven to take more than 50 drops onto solid concrete from more than 4 feet?
    09-07-2016 10:32 AM
    Those do appear to be scratches...?
    That's what I thought.
    09-08-2016 07:39 PM
97 1234